Sign in to follow this  
rickshaner

Front Parking Brake Cable Routing and Fuel Line Routing

Does anyone have pictures of how the front parking brake cable and fuel line are routed on a 69 Mustang. I went to install my rear fuel line today and it looks like my parking brake cable comes out of the hole in the front torque box where the fuel line is supposed to go.

I'm not able to attach pics for some reason, however from under the car, the gas line goes thru the vertical round hole inboard in what I believe is the torque box and the brake cable goes thru the oblong hole next to it closest to the rocker. From the drivers area the cable goes thru the oblong hole. From the drivers front wheel house the gas line goes thru the only round hole in the torque box.

Not long ago pictures were posted showing the gas line routing. A search should locate them.

Bob

Edited by RPM

Thanks for the info. The torque boxes on my car were installed about 15 years ago and apparently the did not come with the hole for the emergency brake. The installer should have taken the emergency brake channel from the old torque boxes and installed them in the new ones, but they didn't. So now I get to deal with it.

the e-brake goes through the torque box drill 2.5 from firewall and 1.5 from side this will get you inside of torque box then fish wire where gas line goes and i drilled a holes about 1.5 from it just line up a straw to see where the cable would be there was no holes in my new torque boxes either. step down drill bit and angle driill is what i used. I am new to this site not sure if i am doing it correctly

Thanks for the info. The torque boxes on my car were installed about 15 years ago and apparently the did not come with the hole for the emergency brake. The installer should have taken the emergency brake channel from the old torque boxes and installed them in the new ones, but they didn't. So now I get to deal with it.
Edited by austin