Sign in to follow this  
Jimjific

T-5 Conversion

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping this will be a quick easy answer. I'm looking to convert to a roller block and a T-5 trans. I have a guy who will sell me everything from block to rear tail. The car is currently a stock 2 barrel 302 with a C4 Auto. My question is, can I do this in stages? Meaning, can I hook up the T5 bell housing, flywheel and clutch first to my original 302, then build my roller motor later? I guess what I'm really getting at are there any balancing issues between a roller motor and an older stock 302?

The hardest part looks like finding a pedal set that that someone doesn't want a mint for.

Thanks,

Jim

Would be easier to drop together but not necessary. Make sure the T5 is a world class T5 otherwise you will have to be very careful with transmission. There is a wide range of T5. You want one that is later than 1990 for best transmission. You will have to shorten driveshaft. I'm gonna do mine in next few weeks or when I get back from mexico.