Sign in to follow this  
turboclevor

Supercharged Boss?

Whats wrong with it? Which engine? As long not making any weird noises, should be not anything too serious. I'm gonna get a 351W to put in this winter so I preserve my original numbers match in garage. Nice thing about ford engines, they are cheap compared to pontiac engines. Throwing in a t5z so I can cruise. Resisting the urge to get a 4.56 posi from my friend, I want to cruise and I think 4.10 better for highway.

Is this a new thing? if so, first thing to try is dry gas. If tank has not been changed in a while, there may be a bunch of water in it. Then fuel filter. I assume you checked the plugs and points. If tank is really old, there is a sock filter in the tank that gets clogged up after 15 years or so lol. Sounds like a fuel problem. Might even be the acellerator pump. Might not be shooting in the shot of gas it needs to acellerate.

well... i just got the vin and decoded it, it is not a boss but the 428 is the original the vin code says its a 428scj mach 1 with factory air and a 4 speed.

it is pretty well optioned car from what i have found i will put up a list of the options in a few after i have decoded the rest

1969 428 mach 1

6- 4 speed close ratio

R- 428 scj

date- june 17 1969

tachometer

shaker scoop

black mach 1 interior

fold down rear seat

console

competition suspension

power steering

power brakes

tilt wheel

it doesn't still have all of these options with it but they came factory so that is what really matters what do you guys think about that list i don't know the axle ratio i think its 3.50? anybody know if this is the correct rear end for this motor/trans combo it is going to get replaced because it was narrowed for drag racing anyway hopefully it will be in my garage soon... haha

Vin wont tell air or such. Door tag will tell you some info. Vin will tell you it is SCJ should have the R in it. WOrth some money if it is a R code mustang! Trim tag will tell you trans, axel, color axel and trim. Rest of info you have to get from marti or find the build sheet. Good luck!

yep I read that all are 3.91 or 4.30 (except 1 I read somewhere) that they know of. Just giving guidance to him lol. Should have given more info but did not want to overwelm him with info lol. But I think I read you could get those ratio on non Super cobra cars. Also, no SCJ had AC just fyi.

the ac isn't original its a "vintage-air" setup i just saw the dash with air vents and figured it was original the axle ratio was just a guess i will have to find the original axle code it has 4.56's now... needs a lot of work also, my brother was getting some parts from the owner and he asked the owner if he wanted the motor checked out, its no good it would be cheaper for me to buy a good one than try to fix the original :(. i am starting to think this one isn't worth the trouble a lot of the parts have already been sold there is no suspension or anything it is just a bare shell with a shot motor and a rear seat at this point it is all going fast

If it is a SCJ car or CJ car, it may be worth it depending on the price and condition of car. Other cars may be worth it but value wont be as high and lots of work to do no matter what. Kinda think it may not be SCJ or he want too much if people are buying parts off without buying car.