Sign in to follow this  
RPM

What Brand of Heater Core to Buy?

What brand are you guys happy with, does it make a difference? Tried the search function w/o luck, but now I know how to remove the heater box. Would like to buy a quality unit since they are such a pain in the arse to remove. My interior is stripped so it will be much easier to replace. Thanks in advance. Bob.

I'm not sure I ever heard of one that was that last one and never needed replacing again, well mine was but only because I chose to delete it the last time it leaked since I never drove my car in weather that wasn't top down suitable. Do any of the vendors actually list a manufacturer for their replacement? I ask becasue I'd be surprised if there was more than 1 or 2 to choose from that make it for everyone.

I have one from Summit Racing that is still in the box never used. My car is a 1969 302 with no AC. Let me know if your interested. My leak turned out to be a heater hose and not the heater core, and that car is for sale now. Old one is working fine, so I'm not going to replace it. This is the one I have sitting on the shelf. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PLI-399033/

Send me a PM if your interested. I'm open to money or parts trades.

Edited by jholmes217

You are prolly right Pacrat on the suppliers. Sent you a pm JH. Just thinking here...if you had to turn in the bad part for this like many other car parts, would it be a heater core core?

And whatever you get I would have the tubes soldered again just to make sure they wont get loose from installing the hoses..I'm sure you can find a thread on this subject. I have one that the tube leaked after installing the hoses and the tube just pulled out of the 2 year old core Grrrrrrr..