Sign in to follow this  
jeepcj7304

Wiring Hepl

now that the motor is bolted in I am working on getting this wiring straight. Any one know what this resistor is for? It was bolted to the fender beside the voltage regulator. From the wiring Diagram I found on the web it appears to be A radio suppression condenser. Is this correct and do I need it? If so where does it connect to?

The second picture is of some sort of connection block I assume. The one edge you can see is just frayed wire that was bolted to the firewall as a ground obviously not a good one. Can I eliminate this and just connect all the wires direct. If so where does this ground originate.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jeepcj7304
updated

Ok next problem now that I at least think the alt wiring is fixed I went to start the fresh motor and nothing. If I put power to the S terminal of the starter solenoid it fires right up. Obviously I screwed something up any idea where it could have been only touched the wiring right at the alternator, regulator, and starter relay.

after a little more checking I found that I have continuity to about 5 inches before it goes through the firewall on the red w/blue line off the S terminal. Then when I check it at the switch I do not have continuity. Does this wire go through a fuse or relay at all?

Just jumper the 2 red/blue wires on the 4 pin plug at the firewall, make a wire 2-3 inches long male plug on one end and female on other end. If you have a manual trans this same jumper wire is used stock.

Jack