Sign in to follow this  
miketyler

70 Mach on Michigan Craigslist - pretty good deal?

Looks pretty damn good to me for $16.5k. Of course seeing it in person could be different story. Looks like the drivers door need some adjusting or at least the rocker trim anyway...

"Real 70' Mach 1 Still has it's ***buck tag ! Runs and drives very well, good power. Older resto, has dings from being in the garage, the repaint had some fish eyes in it, but very presentable car, you have to look pretty close to see the flaws, but not 'perfect'. Engine bay has satin black around the walls, but it isn't real smooth, could use a sanding and repaint. This is why the car is so cheap...fairly priced. Engine was pulled for it's rebuild before I got the car and is detailed nicely with aluminum finned valve covers, alum intake and new Edel carb. Hooker headers. Red exterior, black interior, NO RUST on the car. Original 351, nice original interior, Rim Blow steering wheel. All spoilers front and back, Louvers rear window, Magnum 500 wheels, older tires will need replaced soon. Everything works, starts right up and runs great, shifts great, good power. Body has decent paint on it. Priced right for it's condition and options.

Mike 248-249-0627 16,500 firm !"

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3175301164.html

5Ic5Jf5M83E33La3J6c82302ac4a92f741629.jpg

5G25E65Jc3G63Jc3Hac820b4984fc5ff51d3a.jpg

5L35Ka5F63I53J53lec824b36e301c8d0166c.jpg

Edited by miketyler

I'd have to look at it close. 16k is something you don't see often, most of them in that price range are apart, or crunchy. Go look at the car, if it is "rust free" consider taking it home with you, if that is what you are looking for.

This is why the car is so cheap...fairly priced. Engine was pulled for it's rebuild before I got the car and is detailed nicely with aluminum finned valve covers, alum intake and new Edel carb. Hooker headers.

Re-reading the ad, is he saying the car is cheap because the engine is not in the car? Meaning it may be roached and in need of a major rebuild? I'd love to see the car in person....