Sign in to follow this  
Cornerstone

Can I get my $$$ back?

Wow - looks pretty nice from the thumbnail-sized images. Not crazy about the blue piping on the seats though. Kind've makes it look like a Tron car. Definitely let those go with the car when you sell. If I were you I might even try to dye them black.

I'd say you scored for $8,500 on that car, strictly judging by the small photos. Looks pretty clean, and I have to admit I wasn't expecting much. As said, the blue piping on the seats is pretty nasty. But, if that's the main complaint... WOW!

I'd say you scored for $8,500 on that car, strictly judging by the small photos. Looks pretty clean, and I have to admit I wasn't expecting much. As said, the blue piping on the seats is pretty nasty. But, if that's the main complaint... WOW!

I got it for 8k not 8.5! Yeah the blue trim on the seats is real dorky... I'll look into dying them black. So how do you post better pics? I already swapped the wheels, looks really good, but they need new tires. Currently it has 235/60/15 on all 4 corners, do you think it would look bad to go with a 245 in the rear?

I got it for 8k not 8.5! Yeah the blue trim on the seats is real dorky... I'll look into dying them black. So how do you post better pics? I already swapped the wheels, looks really good, but they need new tires. Currently it has 235/60/15 on all 4 corners, do you think it would look bad to go with a 245 in the rear?

For posting pics try using...

http://tinypic.com/

Just ensure the pics aren't HUGE, or they will fill up the entire page. If you need to resize the photos try....

http://www.picresize.com/

Good score at 8K, I must say! And yes.. 245s in the back would look good... but, 255s would look even better! LOL

OK slightly off topic but I have to ask, who painted the border around the black out on the yellow car????? :scared: Holy Shnikes!!! I like a bunch of folks made mine slightly larger so I didn't have to bother with a striping wheel like original but wow that is something I have never seen before.

OK slightly off topic but I have to ask, who painted the border around the black out on the yellow car????? :scared: Holy Shnikes!!! I like a bunch of folks made mine slightly larger so I didn't have to bother with a striping wheel like original but wow that is something I have never seen before.

Yeah right! It was this way when I bought it. I can't understand how you would go for a basically factory look and NOT check into the actual measurements! The previous owner hired the job out to a painter while living in california and then moved to Texas a few days after he picked it up. He implied that he had wanted to take it back for a few touch ups but it wasn't worth the drive. I've thought about doing those touch ups a few times but I'm gonna try not to put any $ into this car, just enjoy it as is until I get the one I want to finish the way I want. Then sell the yellow one.

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!:clap:

Probably the best deal ive ever done. I took the fold down setup and left the rest of the parts i wanted on the car. plus made 5500. on top. God is good! Sorry to those who pm'd me about the car but I forgot and just posted it on craigslist saturday afternoon. A dealer bought it so you can buy it from him if you are willing to pay more. He should have it on his website an a couple days vor viewing. www.accelautogroup.com

Thanks guys for your input.:clap:

Wow that doesn't happen to often. While I'm very glad for you I can't help but feel just a little sad for the pregnant wife with cancer that this rare overpaying dealer didn't come around when they were trying to sell the car.

Wow that doesn't happen to often. While I'm very glad for you I can't help but feel just a little sad for the pregnant wife with cancer that this rare overpaying dealer didn't come around when they were trying to sell the car.

I asked the guy why he wasnt trying elsewhere to sell it and he just shrugged his shoulders. i know ... i hate to make money on someone elses suffering.

Well, dealers usually offer/pay less than private sales and it would seem that the price he paid is what you claim most of these cars that you have seen are selling for $12-13k ?!?!?!? So I made more of an educated guess rather than assumption seeing as to make profit he would now need to sell it for more than the average other cars are selling for, that's all I meant.

I see your point... Your hair covers it nicely!:clap: Ohhh crap I love that one... feel free to use it.

I'm just jackin with ya Pac ,I was very surprised how quickly I had responses from the Craigslist ad. I thought it would take a few weeks of lowering the price but this guy had to have it. He didn't even drive it! I'm thinking he paid top dollar too. I will be watching his website to see how long he holds on to it.