Sign in to follow this  
Cayenne06

Reenmachine headlight upgrade

I just completed the reenmachine headlight upgrade and I now have high beam lights in the low beam selection, and when I click to go to high beam I have no lights. Contacted reenmachine but they have not given me an answer. Anyone else use/have their kit? Any problems like this? I have verified I have the high beam lights inboard and the low beam lights in the outer locations. The conversion plug is plugged into one of the existing outer light sockets. Any ideas?

Pretty sure I had the same problem when first turning on the lights after install. IIRC I had plugged the new harness into the wrong original plug. I don't have the instructions in front of me but I think you have to make that connection with an original LOW beam plug, perhaps you have used a high beam plug???

Found the problem, it was the male plug that connects to the old harness. It was plugged into the correct harness but was not getting a good connection. WOW, what a difference in the lights !!

especially when you have the brights on. it is like driving with HID