Sign in to follow this  
Jimjific

Hood Scoop Template

I have one, but it is full size and difficult to make a pdf or electronic drawing of. I made mine from a factory hood with a scoop so I could add a scoop to mine. I will take a look at it, maybe a pdf could be created on the back part where the lights are and the mounting screws in the back.

Maybe someone else knows of another easy place to get one?

There was a guy selling them for a few bucks on ebay a couple years ago. I cant access ebay from work, but it should be hard to find if he is still selling them. Just do a search for Mach 1 hood scoop.

I have them on 2 pages the size of printer paper 8 1/2" x 11". If you want them shoot me a PM with your adress & I will mail them to you. I used these to cut the holes in my hood for my Mach-1 hhod scoop with the turn indicators.

If you still need them, I can create a pdf of the image I have. I don't think it will fit on a regular size sheet of paper, but if you can print 11 by 17 inch paper, it will work for that.

I have a pdf of the template. I cannot attach it because it is too large. PM me with your email and I will send it to you.

Several years ago I wanted a new hood, and the only one I could find did not have a scoop. I knew a person with a factory hood and the scoop was off, so I taped a paper bag to the top side and went on the bottom side and very carefully drew lines where the openings were. So I had a template, and it is based on the exact position of the screw in the center between the lights. If you have that screw location known, this is based on that.

The first thing to do when you print this is to verify what you print out is the correct size. The dimension from one end to the other of the openings is 5.3 inches. If the copy you make is not, reduce or enlarge it so that dimension is correct. Once that is correct, everything else should also be right.

Next locate the center back screw between the lights and draw and X for the center of it. Most of the drawing provided is a pale grey, but there are cutouts that are white. Cut out the areas that are white, and use the alignment marks on the center back screw to allign with the center back screw on the template. This will get you very close.

Good luck, let me know how it goes.