Sign in to follow this  
miketyler

Worthless f'n scammers on CL

I am looking around for a larger Snap-on toolbox as mine now runneth over. Using my trusty national CL search found a few that were remarkably similar:

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/tld/2976931325.html

Of course the price is too good to be true but I have to respond anyway and get this:

"

Hi there

I live in Crosby, ND, I've just moved and the box is here with me.I want to close this deal through eBay.Let me tell you how it work:

1. Buyer, seller reach an agreement (price and delivery conditions)

2. Buyer sends money to eBay.

3. eBay confirms to seller that the amount has been received.

4. Seller performs the required services (shipping, insurance).

5. Buyer accepts delivery and informs eBay about the acceptance.

6. eBay releases the money to seller.

As you can see, you will receive the box BEFORE any money is released to me. You will get the chance to inspect it while your money is still safely held in eBay's account. ONLY after you confirm to eBay that you agree with the box, they will release the money to me.

If, for some reason, you disagree it will be shipped back to me on MY EXPENSE and eBay will send you your money back. I need your full name and full shipping address so i can open this deal with eBay.

Thanks!"

The guys over at Garage Journal picked up on it as well and found the same posting in severl other cities:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147687

I look forward to the day that these scammers can be prosecuted for the intent alone.

Too good to be true is right. No way that Snap-On box would be getting sold for only $1,800 in the condition it's pictured.

And, if someone really IS selling that box... as pictured... for that price... it's stolen.

mike,

are you looking for a specific color combo? if regular ol' red is an option, you might want to look at the big box at HF. i bought one after the fire destroyed my boxes & this thing is built just as good as the snap on etc... a bargain too at $750.

IMG_2619.jpg

I am looking around for a larger Snap-on toolbox as mine now runneth over. Using my trusty national CL search found a few that were remarkably similar:

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/tld/2976931325.html

Of course the price is too good to be true but I have to respond anyway and get this:

"

Hi there

I live in Crosby, ND, I've just moved and the box is here with me.I want to close this deal through eBay.Let me tell you how it work:

1. Buyer, seller reach an agreement (price and delivery conditions)

2. Buyer sends money to eBay.

3. eBay confirms to seller that the amount has been received.

4. Seller performs the required services (shipping, insurance).

5. Buyer accepts delivery and informs eBay about the acceptance.

6. eBay releases the money to seller.

As you can see, you will receive the box BEFORE any money is released to me. You will get the chance to inspect it while your money is still safely held in eBay's account. ONLY after you confirm to eBay that you agree with the box, they will release the money to me.

If, for some reason, you disagree it will be shipped back to me on MY EXPENSE and eBay will send you your money back. I need your full name and full shipping address so i can open this deal with eBay.

Thanks!"

The guys over at Garage Journal picked up on it as well and found the same posting in severl other cities:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147687

I look forward to the day that these scammers can be prosecuted for the intent alone.

as long as you pay through paypal, you are 99.99% protected in the transaction.

I've seen that box at HF and it does look like a pretty good deal for the money, especially if you compare to the price of new (or used for that matter) Snap-on box. This is the identical box that I currently have with the SS top. I am interested in finding the same model with three banks.

5N45G95J33n23K83Ffc4gd1d6dba047151afd.jpg

I've seen that box at HF and it does look like a pretty good deal for the money, especially if you compare to the price of new (or used for that matter) Snap-on box. This is the identical box that I currently have with the SS top. I am interested in finding the same model with three banks.

5N45G95J33n23K83Ffc4gd1d6dba047151afd.jpg

I have that same exact box, but in black.

I've got a two bank Mac box, top and bottom. If I ever fill it up, my plan is to go with the side locker from HF. Seems to be the same as the side locker by the major toolbox mfr's.

FWIW, you might also have luck checking pawn stores. Many out-of-work techs pawn these boxes nowadays.