Sign in to follow this  
TALLADEGEJONNY

Pastel Grey Mach 1 Restoration begins.

Don't feel bad, the metal isn't that expensive compaired to metal + labor at another shop. I feel your pain on having alot of rust, and rot. If you can keep getting one piece at a time, it will all be worth it. I have built a few of these cars and yours isn't the worst I've seen, it could be worse. I'll be shure to watch your progress

Good luck on your project. My rear end of my car is bad i guess back in those days they thought bondo was the fix for every body repair. Plus on what latoracing says about metal work plus shop labor. When i got my first car the 67 coupe in 08. It needed a the rear tail panel and driver side quarter panel the shop i went charge me 5,500 for paint and body which was a good deal but the work wasn't good. I say about a few months later there was bubbles were they welded the quarter panel and on other places. That made me want to do my own work.

Edited by 70Nightmare

+1 on finding more then you initially thought, I'm going through the same process on my car. It does feel like a bit of a kick in the teeth, but at the same time it is reassuring to know that you find it now and not later after you've already done the hard work.

A little bit of time here and there and it is rewarding to make a little progress each time. If only they made replacement A-pillars for our 69's. I'd be all over a new set!

I spoke with a guy at DYNACORN he told me 1 1/2-2 years on an A and a B pillar.I said "Is this not what you use on your reproduction bodies?" He replies "Yes sir it is but to get them to make a spare set is not gonna happen anytime soon." Its crazy to me!!!!

When I asked them about a high-back seat frame because they offer the standard/low back seat they said not anytime soon. 6 months later I seen it in their catalog.

I spoke with a guy at DYNACORN he told me 1 1/2-2 years on an A and a B pillar.I said "Is this not what you use on your reproduction bodies?" He replies "Yes sir it is but to get them to make a spare set is not gonna happen anytime soon." Its crazy to me!!!!

Ash,My son wants to drive it to high school so I kinda feel like THE BANDIT and THE SNOWMAN.I've got a long way to go and a short time to get there......

My son is only 2, I sure hope it doesn't take me till he is in high school before he drives it! At least your son will keep you motivated and on the job. Hopefully he likes to get his hands dirty and help out too. :thumbup1:

Our rules are not as free as yours and I think now it is 21 until you are allowed to drive a V8 or a turbo.