Sign in to follow this  
stierg

Disc brake -to disc brake conversion

hi ,

i have a 11,25 ssbc front disc kit now , but a little weak for the engine performance .i want to keep my 15 wheels and the biggest fit set what i found a wilwood 12,19 dynalite pro series front kit.

do you have any experience on this set or do you have any idea other or better performance front brake kits fit for 15 wheels?

thanks in advance any help or built

Edited by stierg

Are you on drum spindles? I assume so, with an SSBC kit.

If that is the case.... check out this 12" rotor kit from Street or Track... meant for 15" wheels...

http://www.streetortrack.com/Street-or-Track-12x1.25-Rotor-4-Piston-Forged-Aluminum-Caliper-Brake-System-pr-24554.html

Or, this one... meant for Trans Am cars... also using 12" rotors, and 15" wheels....

http://www.streetortrack.com/Street-or-Track-12x1.25-Trans-Am-Front-Disk-Brake-System-pr-24455.html

Edited by Powershift

I am getting my Dynapro rear discs from Wilwood tomorrow, the car wont be running for awhile but I have heard good things about Wilwood from multiple people. For front brakes have you checked out mustangsteve's Cobra front disc brake conversion? I know a couple people on this forum are using the kit.

I am getting my Dynapro rear discs from Wilwood tomorrow, the car wont be running for awhile but I have heard good things about Wilwood from multiple people. For front brakes have you checked out mustangsteve's Cobra front disc brake conversion? I know a couple people on this forum are using the kit.

Cobra Disc brakes use 13" rotors. Those won't clear the 15" wheels the OP is planning to use.

I am curious by what you mean by saying your brakes are weak? Will they not lock up the front wheels in a panic stop? It sounds like you are doing more than normal driving around town. If they can lock up the front wheels, what can be improved from that? Maybe less pedal pressure?

Just curious...

Are you on drum spindles? I assume so, with an SSBC kit.

If that is the case.... check out this 12" rotor kit from Street or Track... meant for 15" wheels...

http://www.streetortrack.com/Street-or-Track-12x1.25-Rotor-4-Piston-Forged-Aluminum-Caliper-Brake-System-pr-24554.html

Or, this one... meant for Trans Am cars... also using 12" rotors, and 15" wheels....

http://www.streetortrack.com/Street-or-Track-12x1.25-Trans-Am-Front-Disk-Brake-System-pr-24455.html

yes ,im on drum spindles ,and if i know well , this wilwood caliper able to handling a bigger rotor if i change the wheel , i m not sure about it, but if it is right this a real benefit for me in the future , wilwood much cheaoer than the breaks above. the above breakes to be worth money?

yes ,im on drum spindles ,and if i know well , this wilwood caliper able to handling a bigger rotor if i change the wheel , i m not sure about it, but if it is right this a real benefit for me in the future , wilwood much cheaoer than the breaks above. the above breakes to be worth money?

The two kits I posted are MUCH better than the Wilwood Dynalite setup. So, yes.. they may be more money. But, in this case you also get what you pay for... better brakes!

I am curious by what you mean by saying your brakes are weak? Will they not lock up the front wheels in a panic stop? It sounds like you are doing more than normal driving around town. If they can lock up the front wheels, what can be improved from that? Maybe less pedal pressure?

Just curious...

i m not a daily mad on town , but i like driving sometimes sporty style in a weekends , and a cranky roads the break efficiently coming to waste after 3 or 4 corner maybe because over heating , i dont know exactly but this is what i feeling . i want to enjoy speed and talent my car but safety way .

this break are great in a town on normal speed and cruising .

my car has 393 stroker engine , tremec 5 speed tranny and modified suspension and look like the brake weaker than other components

The Dynalite system is a tad small for serious use on the front of a heavy car like our Mustangs. Small calipers, tiny pads and thin, offshore cast rotors. I would only use it on a hot rod that goes to Dairy Queen and back.

Brakes are not optional, there is no such thing as overkill and you get what you pay for. Nobody ever gets out of our cars and tells us, "man, those brakes are WAY too good"!

Edited by Shaun

thanks yours honest views , i have another think about my brake and i understood that i will get what i pay for , all you right

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

HA HA!! :laugh:

You typing on a cell phone, I presume?