Sign in to follow this  
69volunteer

69 Grill Color

My original 43 year old grill is still the natural "Black Plastic" !!

Although it was "wet sanded" back in the 80's when I bought the car because the previous owner thought a splash of silver brushed onto the "face" of the grill would look cool. I probably would have been better off buying a "new grill" had I known how much time I was going to spent wet sanding it ... it did turn out nice though !!

Anyway to answer your question, I'd guess new out of the box the plastic has a SATIN look to it.

Doug

Edited by stangs-R-me
typos

I have an original 69 grill that hasn't been repainted. It's a bit faded, I'm sure, but if anyone needs a pic for a comparison, just let me know. It's not mounted on the car yet so I can get pics of any angles needed.

I bought a new grille for my car. Its the Ford tooling grille. It fits well but its more of a gloss black. The originals are more of a charcoal color.

I also have a original Ford grille for my 69 Coupe & I alo thought as cobra460jet stated that they were charcoal in color.