Sign in to follow this  
Junior2561

Columbus Spring Swap Meet

I'll probably be there, I've been going since Fox bodies were new. :biggrin: The spring and fall are very similar, both good, and mostly the same vendors. It's always huge, and always fun, but IMHO eBay has ruined the old swap meet vibe, as everybody wants top dollar and if you don't pay, they just put it online and somebody else will. The days of finding a killer bargain at a swap meet is largely over. Although my buddy did find some nice Aussie Cleveland heads last year for a good price.

That is what i have heard from others also. There are next to no good 'deals' and if you com across something you want, you are paying top dollar. I wouldn't mind going just to look around...i'm sure i would find a way to bring somehting home though.

I'll probably be there, I've been going since Fox bodies were new. :biggrin: The spring and fall are very similar, both good, and mostly the same vendors. It's always huge, and always fun, but IMHO eBay has ruined the old swap meet vibe, as everybody wants top dollar and if you don't pay, they just put it online and somebody else will. The days of finding a killer bargain at a swap meet is largely over. Although my buddy did find some nice Aussie Cleveland heads last year for a good price.

It works both ways though. EBay has also showed us that you can find stuff cheaper rather then pay too much from the only guy that has it , once a year.

It's hard to find good deals at brand specific swaps. They are Ford guys and they know what Ford guys will pay.

Best deals are at general meets, but finding stuff you need can be hard.

I agree, it is getting harder and harder to find good deals.