Sign in to follow this  
miketyler

Sanden AC conversion brackets?

i have a question on the Sanden compressor.... and this may sound stupid... but... what moves on the Sanden when the clutch kicks in? do some AC compressors actually actuate the pulley as part of the assembly movement, hence throwing the belt? moving the pulley as part of the assembly doesnt make sense to me... but you never know until you ask or Google a ton....:lol:

i have a question on the Sanden compressor.... and this may sound stupid... but... what moves on the Sanden when the clutch kicks in? do some AC compressors actually actuate the pulley as part of the assembly movement, hence throwing the belt? moving the pulley as part of the assembly doesnt make sense to me... but you never know until you ask or Google a ton....:lol:

WOW!! That's an awesome bracket. That could be the answer to my top idler pulley quandry even though I have an FE. I don't want to use the factory idler pulley bracket as the thing is hugh and blocks the view of such a beautiful engine. Bruce

Yes, agreed. I am in the same boat. I dont want to use the OEM overkill brackets and idlers. I am going to contact VintageAire to see what they have for 351C fitment. You might want to reach out to them as well. I am glad they are coming up with alternatives to the token York to Sanden bracket.

WOW!! That's an awesome bracket. That could be the answer to my top idler pulley quandry even though I have an FE. I don't want to use the factory idler pulley bracket as the thing is hugh and blocks the view of such a beautiful engine. Bruce

Yes, agreed. I am in the same boat. I dont want to use the OEM overkill brackets and idlers. I am going to contact VintageAire to see what they have for 351C fitment. You might want to reach out to them as well. I am glad they are coming up with alternatives to the token York to Sanden bracket.

And it got delivered today. I bought it and the R134A universal hose kit with receiver/dryer. The 351C bracket looks very nicely done and could be polished with just a little work. I must say I am impressed with the quality.

I will have a new York to Sanden bracket available for sale/trade if anyone needs it.

:yes:.. Nice looking mounting bracket.

But I'm not sure it would cure my problem of tossing the belt at higher rpms.

Look at the pic here, The distance from the compressor to the crank pulley is too long and the belt vibrates and pops off.

This is without the compressor running, Not like I would be racing with the Ac on.:nono:

I need to get working on mounting a lower fixed pulley and see if it helps.

Agreed. From, the pic it looks like it wouldnt change much in regards to the belt run length. Are you sure your alignment is good and are using a shallow width belt? I have seen some wide belts that actually ride slightly above the top of the pulley edge. In your case, I suppose you would want the belt 100% nested in the groove of the pulley.

I placed the bracket up to the head for brief fitment and notice right away the bracket will interfere with the edge of my aluminum valve cover. I think it would interfere with any cover that overlapped past the edge of the head.

I would still be interested to see other peoples installs on 351c engines. I just saw this kit from VintageAire but is described for 289/302.

$%28KGrHqJ,%21iQE1NFm81wBBNcUqy4o6w%7E%7E_12.JPG

Okay, Vintage Air does not sell the idler assembly alone. Does anyone know where I can source one? I have been beating my head against the wall trying to source the idler assembly. Thanks, Bruce

I'm surprised. I just received my kit a few weeks back. If it help, I could call my dealer and ask them if they would sell me one since "mine got lost". Since they already made a sale with me they may do it. The part is called 2 3/8 idler eccentric and is pn 738005. Will call them next week.