Sign in to follow this  
6T9rustang

What year is this GT?

It appears to be 87 thru 93. Sorry I can't be more specific I just know the first year of the areo headlights was 87. After looking at it more it appears to have T-tops which would make it 87-88, they stop factory T-tops after 87.

Edited by Grabber70Mach

If those are t-tops then it might be a good car to get, considering whatever the price and rest of the condition is. Hard to tell for sure. FWIW, the hood isn't stock and neither are the wheels. The headlights look like they have been changed because they don't have the amber markers. I looked through some pictures and found an '88 in that exact color scheme. But I have a feeling this car was in a front end accident. Combine the headlights not being stock, the blue stripe not going around the front, along with a different hood and that seems to be a logical conclusion.

Car is definitely pre 89 because of the T-Tops. Most likely an LX to GT conversion (bumpers and ground effects). You can see there's no provisions/brackets for the fog lights, just two big open holes. LX has no ground effects/fog lights.

Tale a look at the dash if you can, 87-89 cars were rare with T-Tops, but the 86 and under had more T-Top models made. It's popular to swap all the post 87 (when ford changed the nose & rear quarter windows to what you have there) parts onto an 86 & older to get the T-Tops.

If you have a boxy dash that's flat for the gauge face, it's pre 87 (86 and older), if the dash is a bit rounder with the gauges packaged in a raised house looking thing off the dash, it's an 87 and up.

I agree its a Menagerie. On top of whats already been stated, the wheels look like 85 but the quarter windows and seats are certainly not. Hard to say which parts have been changed, as all of that and more can be changed. Dash is a good idea but even those get swapped. Best to look at the registration tag or better yet vin plate.