Sign in to follow this  
StephenC

Complete 4R70W Swap

Selling my complete 4R70W transmission swap. The transmission is out of a 2000 Cobra the case is a 3.8L so it has the correct bolt pattern for any 302/351 but all internals are upgraded to the 5.4L so it is much stronger and will handle more power. It is a 4 speed with overdrive the gear ratios are 1st: 2.84 :1 2nd: 1.55 :1 3rd: 1.00 :1 4th: 0.70 :1 Rev: 2.23 :1. I am including everything you will need to do this swap Acculink TPS and Lokar bracket with Lokar throttle cable, Baumanns Optishift controller and wire harness, Laser cut cross member, Speedo cable with 38 tooth gear (I think 38 tooth), Shifter rod linkage to retain factory shifter, Torque converter 2500 stall, +2 quart aluminium pan, 164 tooth flex plate, starter, B&M Super cooler with braided lines, pollyurathane transmission mount, 1 piece drive shaft cut to make up for the longer transmission, slip yoke and u joints, and every nut and bolt needed.

These are the only casting on it that I can find. The one on the tailshaft give you this info

Short

Large bore

speedo FD-F4F-92-0084-CC

F3LP-7A040-AA

1.61" bushing bore

6 bolts

Use with 15" output shaft

Could not find anything else on the 64 or the one above the shift selector, though on a forum I read that its either a 98/99 but nothing definitive.

Edited by StephenC