Sign in to follow this  
cobra460jet

Dash pad.. nos, oem, Ford Tooling?

Getting ready to need a dash and wanted everyones opinion. I know to stay away from the cheaper dash pads that are not Ford tooling. Have heard some good things and a few bad things about the Ford Tooling dashes. Some of the F/T dashes make it out the door with manufacture defects so you have to open the box up and inspect before you buy. Who makes the F/T dashes? Dashes Direct, or Daniel Carpenter? The nos dashes are really expensive but can be had. Im a little nervous about 40 yr old plastic thou.

I just got a repro pad from CJPony, made by Dashes Direct (not Ford Tooling). I was expecting some problems but it fit very well. It has a full metal frame underneath. There was a little mismatch at the radio area, but since its metal I could tweak it to line up right on. A little trimming of the padding at the lower ends with a razor and it fits really well. Mounting locations at the windshield, radio, and outer dash all lined up well. The only thing I could gripe about is the heater vents are cutout rectangular, where the original had rounded ends. Otherwise I am very pleased. About $250 on sale.