Sign in to follow this  
TheMenace

Sequential led tail lights

I bought a set of led tail lights off eBay a few years and I want to upgrade them to sequential. I found a kit on eBay that you just splice into the led wiring and it will turn the sequential. The instructions show a 69 Camaro though so I am worried the wiring might be different. Anyone use a kit like this?

Well, both the Camaro and Mustang use ordinary 12VDC to light the lights, so if it works for one it will work for the other but I'm curious how a simple splice-in kit could work. You need to separate the LEDs into individual banks and then light them in order. Not saying it's impossible but not sure how an add-on would do all that unless it's specially made for your particular setup. Got more details?

The kit does splice into each bank but there two sets of instructions. One set shows you just cut one wire per bank on the tail light and splice it into the control module and the other instruction you cut all 3 per bank and wire right into the module. I don't know which way to wire it up.

I think he is talking about this kit. I think as long as your taillight assembly consists of three separate LED"s (or LED arrays) its compatible. It seems too simple, I would be concerned about quality and function both.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sequential-Tail-Light-Module-Kit-Mustang-Camaro-Universal-Car-Truck-RV-Semi-/110794644130?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19cbe01aa2

Edited by miketyler

I think he is talking about this kit. I think as long as your taillight assembly consists of three separate LED"s (or LED arrays) its compatible. It seems too simple, I would be concerned about quality and function both.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sequential-Tail-Light-Module-Kit-Mustang-Camaro-Universal-Car-Truck-RV-Semi-/110794644130?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19cbe01aa2

That is pretty close to the kit I am getting. I was thinking about the wiring and I figured it out. I have to wire it up with the one wire Setup bc our turns and brakes share the same bulb so the kit has to only splice into the turn (less bright wire) so when the brakes are applied they light up normal. Now I am worried how these modules act when I apply the brakes and have the turns on?

I called the company and asked them about it. They said the setup is the one wire way and the module ties into the turn signal output from the steering column so it won't effect anything dealing with the brakes. They will sequence with the lighter filement not the bright one. For $64 shipped for both sides it wasn't a bad deal. Plus off eBay last year I got my led tail lights for 100 shipped and it came with the LEDs built into the red lenses with the 3 stainless steel around each lens. 164 for a complete new tail led sequential light assembly minus the buckets, I reused those.

ive been looking for mine, and found a few...

simple plug in play or some wiring needed

Tail light AND rapid brake:

http://bad-mab.com/mustang.htm

tail light seq only:

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=572/category_id=343/home_id=59/mode=prod/prd572.htm

seq. taillights

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=CA28+01

I think those rapid brake lights will be really annoying and probably have a cop pull you over. i wouldnt get them. the dakotadigital ones are WAAAAAY over priced. the MU kit looks good, only thing i am worried about is how far back do the lights sit from the red lenses? i am thinking that if they sit to far back if you stand on an angle and the turn is on you might see the middle light shine threw on the inner or outer one depending on which angle you are looking at it. get what i am saying?

I think those rapid brake lights will be really annoying and probably have a cop pull you over. i wouldnt get them. the dakotadigital ones are WAAAAAY over priced. the MU kit looks good, only thing i am worried about is how far back do the lights sit from the red lenses? i am thinking that if they sit to far back if you stand on an angle and the turn is on you might see the middle light shine threw on the inner or outer one depending on which angle you are looking at it. get what i am saying?

i know in europe they are illegal..

but so far, for now, those lights,rapid brake,sequential, are legal.

Late on getting to this thread but I got the Mustang Project sequential led's 2 years ago and love them. They didn't cost $180 when I got them, found them on sale plus had a 10% coupon. More than bright enough, from all angles. And since I got mine they now have items to upgrade the speed of the signal and a "clicker" noise. When and if you install, do not let the LED board touch the metal.

Late on getting to this thread but I got the Mustang Project sequential led's 2 years ago and love them. They didn't cost $180 when I got them, found them on sale plus had a 10% coupon. More than bright enough, from all angles. And since I got mine they now have items to upgrade the speed of the signal and a "clicker" noise. When and if you install, do not let the LED board touch the metal.