Sign in to follow this  
Hambone

Boss 302

Well it looks like my 69 project hit a delay again. I drove off with a 2012 Boss yasterday. Wow this thing is Fricking awesome! Unlike some of you I have not had the pleasure to drive any Mustangs later than my old 95.Needless to say the Wife is speachless other than the 8 hours of expletives I received when I had enough courage to go home. What is funny is that the insurance actually came out less than what I was paying for my Flex. So at least I was able to use that to my favor. I hope I get the same rush driving my 69 some day as I get when I drive the Boss.

Well it looks like my 69 project hit a delay again. I drove off with a 2012 Boss yasterday. Wow this thing is Fricking awesome! Unlike some of you I have not had the pleasure to drive any Mustangs later than my old 95.Needless to say the Wife is speachless other than the 8 hours of expletives I received when I had enough courage to go home. What is funny is that the insurance actually came out less than what I was paying for my Flex. So at least I was able to use that to my favor. I hope I get the same rush driving my 69 some day as I get when I drive the Boss.

I know the feeling, since I got my 2011 Shelby GT-500 last year, I've probably put fewer than 500 miles on my '70 Mach 1. I use to average three to four thousand a year. The new GT's, Shelby's, and Boss' are fantastic. I've even driven two of the newer V-6's and was amazed at their performance. Ford is truly doing something right with the Mustang.

I know the feeling, since I got my 2011 Shelby GT-500 last year, I've probably put fewer than 500 miles on my '70 Mach 1. I use to average three to four thousand a year. The new GT's, Shelby's, and Boss' are fantastic. I've even driven two of the newer V-6's and was amazed at their performance. Ford is truly doing something right with the Mustang.

hey Bill is that article about the 70 SCJ vert about your old car and you...and I guess, the new owner? if so, any comments on how you felt about reuniting with your old car for a few minutes?

hey Bill is that article about the 70 SCJ vert about your old car and you...and I guess, the new owner? if so, any comments on how you felt about reuniting with your old car for a few minutes?

Yeah, that was me. Here is a link I wrote a few years ago about finding the car again in 2007: http://www.hemmings.com/users/148197/story/388.html

I don't regret selling the car back then. I was more than happy to get $1600 back then. I actually used that money to make a down payment on my first house.

Remember back in 1977 there was no Marti Reports, Mustang Monthly Magazine; the MCA was just getting started and probably had less than 100 members, there were no Mustang Car Shows. Model A's and 55 T-Birds were show cars, not Mustangs. People were dumping big block muscle cars left and right. They were gas hungry cars and with gas at .80 a gallon nobody could afford to drive them anymore (LOL). While I nearly doubled my original money, the next guy got close to 75 times his original investment. The present owner has a six-figure restoration planned for the future and it will probably become a true museum piece. You may see it make the rounds for the Mustang’s 50th Anniversary. The car is in very capable hands now and will be done right which is something I am very glad to see happen and could have never have afforded to do without winning the Lottery or a Powerball. It was the right thing for me to do at the time and I have no regrets.

Edited by 70Mach03

Well the new Boss is Performance White. I like it because it reminds me of the 69 color scheme and is not as flashy as the other options. The Recaro seats actually make it look even more retro and the rear seats seem to remind you of the 69 interior. Needless to say I am still in hot water and will be for a while but man is this thing fun to drive!

Edited by Hambone

I like the Perf White! I seriously looked at several clean and one modded s197 gtcs's in white before I bought the silver 2011. I like the sterling gray a lot. If i chose a 2011 GT that would have been first choice. No gtcs in sterling gray and no gts left in that color when i was looking. Very happy with the ingot silver though and i love the gtcs wheels.

IMO the polished wheel lip on the boss would be better if left out. I like the white and blk scheme. With the black molding no clue why they put the chrome lip on. Awesome car though!

Well the new Boss is Competion White. I like it because it reminds me of the 69 color scheme and is not as flashy as the other options. The Recaro seats actually make it look even more retro and the rear seats seem to remind you of the 69 interior. Needless to say I am still in hot water and will be for a while but man is this thing fun to drive!

What number is your Boss 302? I've got a buddy with one identical to yours and his is number 21. That's the lowest number I've seen so far. He has a 2010 Shelby GT-500 also but drives the Boss more. Have you done the Track Attack yet? My buddy did it last month and is still talking about it. (LOL)

It's #1952 so nothing too special.Yeah I picked up on the outer rim color also but not bothered by it. I do love the fact that there is no other chrome anywhere though. I actually went in to the dealer to look for a Grabber blue California Special but had to have this when I saw it. I will definately take advantage of the Track Attack! The only thing I am concerned with now that I have been doing some research is the Tranny. I have read a few things about it being made in China and having some issues.

It's #1952 so nothing too special.Yeah I picked up on the outer rim color also but not bothered by it. I do love the fact that there is no other chrome anywhere though. I actually went in to the dealer to look for a Grabber blue California Special but had to have this when I saw it. I will definately take advantage of the Track Attack! The only thing I am concerned with now that I have been doing some research is the Tranny. I have read a few things about it being made in China and having some issues.

(LOL) They're all special.

My buddy has already taken his to the track twice (road courses) and loves it. He sold his prep'ed '95 Cobra R and says the Boss will absolutly run off and hide from his old R. He's done a few things suspension wise and of course, his Track Key. He says it feels as fast as his 2010 Shelby GT-500 did when it was stock. He's since did a pully and tune to the Shelby (maybe 75 to 100 hp) but still likes the Boss better.

Oh I am so tempted....to trade in my 2000 Honda Accord on a 2012 white convertible mustang that has been marked down. The dilemna is that my mini-van is getting old and should be updated, and also I have a daugher starting University in two years.... the struggle I have is between what I should do versus what I want to do. Your post on the Boss is inspiring.....

Like I said before I did what I wanted to do and not what I should have done. Unfortunately I love Mustangs and I could not pass up this oppurtunity. The wife is still very upset with me and I know she is just waiting for that first ticket or fender bender to rub it in. If your sitting on the fence go drive one because it will knock your socks off!