Sign in to follow this  
bsunds

amplifier/stereo help

where is the best way to run a power cable from the battery to an amp I will put in the front. Also my car came w/o a stereo and im going to install one, does anyone happen to know which color the power and ignition wires are in the dash?

ah not a bad idea! ill get on that tonight, btw i had one last question in the dash harness, there is a male and female connector that the PO left unplugged it has 3 wires connected to it, do you have any idea what this powers if it is pluged in? i believe its blue, yellow/black and red. and the connect sorta looks like a standard house plug. (its located right next to my ac unit.

ya good call i think it would be the factory clock i pluged it in and nothing happens and my car has no factory clock at the moment.

question tho i keep hearing about these dash speakers they sell, but i have no idea where they would go? where is the place people put dash speakers under the passenger side of the dash? or do they fit in the center of the dash?

I am not sure the 3 pin connector is a factory clock. That has a black, green/yelloe, and blue/red wires. I see nothing in my factory schematics in the vicinity of the radio that is a 3 pin connector like you see. That is why I think it could be something someone added. Can you find out where the wires go?

For the center speaker, buy two of your favorite 3" or 3.5" round two-way speakers and mount them in a thick plastic plate. Then mount that to the location where the factory center speaker would be mounted under the dash pad. Instant stereo left/right speakers. You can get a set of 300w 3.5" Soundstorm speakers on eBay right now for about twenty dollars. Go to any audio store or Radio Shack and buy a one square foot sheet of thick plastic to mount everything too. Bruce

ah not a bad idea! ill get on that tonight, btw i had one last question in the dash harness, there is a male and female connector that the PO left unplugged it has 3 wires connected to it, do you have any idea what this powers if it is pluged in? i believe its blue, yellow/black and red. and the connect sorta looks like a standard house plug. (its located right next to my ac unit.

Bsunds,

I believe the wires your are talking about go to the blower motor resistor. There are three wires one red, one blue and one black. They plug into the blower resistor which is mounted to the blower assembly between the radio and firewall. Right in the same area you are talking about on a factory A/C car. This same connector in a factory NON A/C car is located behind the glove box on the passenger side. Just like Danno said a pic could confirm this. Bruce