Sign in to follow this  
70mstang

Lighter question

Try your new lighter in just about any car. They have not changed that part in probably 30 years on almost every make of car. If it stays in on a different car, you have a problem with your socket.

I have one I can send you for only the cost of postage if you want. I must have a dozen at home. Everytime I am at a bone yard and see one, I grab onto it. Let me know if you want it.

Try your new lighter in just about any car. They have not changed that part in probably 30 years on almost every make of car. If it stays in on a different car, you have a problem with your socket.

I have one I can send you for only the cost of postage if you want. I must have a dozen at home. Everytime I am at a bone yard and see one, I grab onto it. Let me know if you want it.

Relic is right. I tried it in my falcon which is a 74 model and it is larger. Good idea though.

Now you have me wondering. I am going to check my 69 vs my 99 cars and see if there is a difference. I plug my cell phone into either and it seems to work fine. Maybe some dimensions are just slightly differenct?

New member here, great forum. I'm having the same problem with my 69 Mach 1 I just purchased this month. In fact, my 65 coupe doesn't work either. Looks like the contact element inside the socket has gone bad with age - corroded. Has anyone replaced one before? I can't figure out how the thing comes out of the console. Will a generic socket from any parts store fit and wire up correctly?

Danno, if you're still offering I'd like one of those extra lighters you've got. Mine's pretty nasty. Let me know where to send the postage.