Sign in to follow this  
LiLMike

New Gauges

Just received my new gauge set from New Vintage USA Gauges. I'm impressed with the quality and craftsmanship. They are expensive but I think well worth it if you want to retain your stock bezel and have a factory look with aftermarket gauges. This set with mounting brackets, sending units, wire harness and electrical speedometer setup ran me $969.40. That is with led lighting, turn signal and hi beam indicators along with the spun silver hubs. I'll be dismantling the interrior and dash for my AAW wire harness. Have to get me bezels cleaned up and will take more photos as I go along.

You have to call New Vintage USA and they will put everything together for you. They have so many options and versions that there is no one part number. They are great to work with and very helpful. The price isn't that bad considering the prices of a quality gauge set that doesn't have all 6 gauges to fit our bezels.

As for the wiring, I just looked over their instructions....Not too bad. They could be better but they are good. Each harness, there are 4 of them, plugs into the gauges and you have to splice in the wires. The diagrams are pretty straight forward. You have to read and wire them according to your configuration. They include an oil pressure sending unit and a water temp sending unit. Also different fittings depending on what size hole they attach in. Also included is an electronic speed sensor. It is attached to the transmission and wired to the speedo with a momentary ground switch. The switch is for clearing the trip odometer and programming the speedo. You can calibrate the speedo following their instructions and completely do away with the old speedo cable! The tach just connects normally. Since I am doing away with the stock wiring, then I do not need a tach sensor but they have them available if needed. Also the fuel gauge is configured so it is just plug and play with the stock fuel sending unit. All in all it doesn't look to difficult plus their thech support has been great so far.

Same ones that just came in for mine. Only difference is I have the LEDs behind the face.

Here's a mock up of what they look like in a spare bezzel.

[ATTACH]9869[/ATTACH]

I have the LEDs too. Looks like only difference is the spun center hubs. Here is the gauges in their bezel at their shop. The guy told be that the bracket screw holes could be off. They made the brackets for the bezel they have and one customer had the mounting holes off. it looks like Ford changed something in mid production year for 1969. He said if the holes don't line up to let them know and they will send me the other bracket they have.