Sign in to follow this  
PaoloMach1

69 Mach1 S code 4speed frame off

thanks again guys!

after the engine and trans installed on new mounts I ordered a new gas tank, primered with epoxy and painted with bicomponent dark grey togheter the shifter and new brake booster and pump.

while I've installed them I've also installed some other avaible parts in the pics below

Edited by PaoloMach1

Hello, I'm here again, some weeks ago I've installed the MSD 6A in dash because I hate see much wires around the engine and for this reason I've laso run the MSD wires togheter with the original wires, some wires also gone in the original plugs on the firewall.

so anybody know what are the 3 green wires in the dash?

Any progress?

I done a lot of works but not much progress :bored:

I have restored and repaint some interior plastic parts, reassembled and installed the carburator with manual choke, I'm waiting for instrument clusters rechrome, ecc.... also I got some pretty news parts and I have ordered others...

so anybody know what brackets are the pair in the picture? if I remember well they were installed in the rear subframes near the leaf springs suspension

Looks like a lot of progress to me! I'm still in the paint stripping mode, my car had 12 layers of primers and paint colors so I'm thinking it will be about 80-100 pounds lighter when I'm done! The paint was literally as thick as a credit card. During the hard work phase it seems to drag on and on but then you get to the stage buckeye is at and THEN you get huge gains quickly! Thats when it gets rewarding. Stay encouraged friend, you are taking on a task that many guys WISH they could do but never get to.

@ Grabber70Mach thank you and sorry for my stupid answer, if I had read the rear valance sticker I would have understood by myself...:innocent:

@Cornerstone thanks for your support man, patience is never enough in these works!

you are lightening the car and instead I'm growing a little weight, jokes aside yesterday I finished to apply the noise insulation sheet on the floor:001_smile:

have a nice Sunday!

Just ran across this - wow, you are leaving no stone unturned on your restoration. Very nice detailing. I see you opted to get your panels metallized. I just did mine in my 70 and found it to be very tedious work applying the thin line tape to protect the thin chrome edges while applying the black and argent. Its time well spent though and your instrument panel cannot look any better once its done.