Sign in to follow this  
1969 coupe

uca & perches

Can anybody tell me if you can rebuild stock spring perches. If so can someone tell me the best way. I know that sounds cheap and I would love to get the roller perches but I'm on a tight budget now, I have more time than money. I was going to try and rebuild the uca but the shaft is damaged on one (so far) so I guess I will get some new one's. Any suggestion on cheap uca's? Anybody know if the Scott Drake are worth the extra $? This is all temporary, I hope to upgrade later on but for now I just need to get it together to get it home.

Can anybody tell me if you can rebuild stock spring perches. If so can someone tell me the best way. I know that sounds cheap and I would love to get the roller perches but I'm on a tight budget now, I have more time than money. I was going to try and rebuild the uca but the shaft is damaged on one (so far) so I guess I will get some new one's. Any suggestion on cheap uca's? Anybody know if the Scott Drake are worth the extra $? This is all temporary, I hope to upgrade later on but for now I just need to get it together to get it home.

Buy the DIY Roller perch upgrade, and do it yourself, they are not much more money than a set of new rubber Perches...I just installed a set of new Rubber Perches on a friends car, and they are so tight its insane...i had to use a pry bar to roll them back so i could get them lined up with the upper spring area just to install the spring.

On the UCA's I have the set that came off my friends car, they have good shafts in them if you would like them im sure he would sale them CHEEP....The new ones are pretty cheep.

Mike

Buy the DIY Roller perch upgrade, and do it yourself, they are not much more money than a set of new rubber Perches...I just installed a set of new Rubber Perches on a friends car, and they are so tight its insane...i had to use a pry bar to roll them back so i could get them lined up with the upper spring area just to install the spring.

On the UCA's I have the set that came off my friends car, they have good shafts in them if you would like them im sure he would sale them CHEEP....The new ones are pretty cheep.

Mike

I looked into the DIY roller kit but I think (I know) that may be above my skill level and $200 for a complete set is more than I can handle right now. I guess I may have to get some new one's. Just trying to save a little cash. I tried taking the UCA's apart and have not had much luck, time to spend some money I guess.

I looked into the DIY roller kit but I think (I know) that may be above my skill level and $200 for a complete set is more than I can handle right now. I guess I may have to get some new one's. Just trying to save a little cash. I tried taking the UCA's apart and have not had much luck, time to spend some money I guess.

Yeah thanks, I will look into CJ's. I would love to do the roller's but just can't do that right now. Looks like I'm going to need to do more than I had hoped, that's the way it always works. Everything I put in I'm going to have to take out later to have the shock towers replaced. I took a better look and they are in pretty bad shape. Maybe in the future I can upgrade but I don't have the cash flow to put a lot in it now. Thanks for the info. Anybody know the best value for UCA's? They vary in price so not sure who makes the best for the money. Any opinions? Remember budget friendly.

Yeah thanks, I will look into CJ's. I would love to do the roller's but just can't do that right now. Looks like I'm going to need to do more than I had hoped, that's the way it always works. Everything I put in I'm going to have to take out later to have the shock towers replaced. I took a better look and they are in pretty bad shape. Maybe in the future I can upgrade but I don't have the cash flow to put a lot in it now. Thanks for the info. Anybody know the best value for UCA's? They vary in price so not sure who makes the best for the money. Any opinions? Remember budget friendly.