Sign in to follow this  
No68only69

stang help

I've been planing my 1969 fastback project for about a year. I'm going all out, bought a dodge viper motor with 13k miles (sorry die hard ford fans). T-56 trans rebuilt. 12in rear end... but I finially have my 59 skyliner project done and can't seem to find a 1969 shell and I am now considering a fiberglass shell but can't find one either, and yes either way im going to put a complete custom fabricated frame. Any ideas/opinions?

I've been planing my 1969 fastback project for about a year. I'm going all out, bought a dodge viper motor with 13k miles (sorry die hard ford fans). T-56 trans rebuilt. 12in rear end... but I finially have my 59 skyliner project done and can't seem to find a 1969 shell and I am now considering a fiberglass shell but can't find one either, and yes either way im going to put a complete custom fabricated frame. Any ideas/opinions?

Sorry, but I guess I am one of the die hard Ford fans, I dont even like to see Chevy motors in older Ford bodies. If you have the body already, that would be one thing, but since you do not have the body, why not look for a old charger or challenger to put that motor in. I may be the only one that thinks that, and I certinaly like the restomod concept, since mine is certainly far from orginal. But I just would have a hard time seeing a Viper motor in a mustang, again JMHO. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Sorry, but I guess I am one of the die hard Ford fans, I dont even like to see Chevy motors in older Ford bodies. If you have the body already, that would be one thing, but since you do not have the body, why not look for a old charger or challenger to put that motor in. I may be the only one that thinks that, and I certinaly like the restomod concept, since mine is certainly far from orginal. But I just would have a hard time seeing a Viper motor in a mustang, again JMHO. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Yeah I agree with the previous post. I just don't think a Viper motor in a Mustang is right. Just my opinion, but I would find an beat up GTX, Cuda, or Challenger or any other old Mopar and do the swap. If you must do it to a Mustang (and it's your right to do what you wish) I think you should find 74 to 78 and do it on. If you must do a 69 then you can usually get a coupe fairly cheap and do the sportsroof conversion. It's not cheap but if you are doing a lot of work anyway then it is an option.

Yeah I agree with the previous post. I just don't think a Viper motor in a Mustang is right. Just my opinion, but I would find an beat up GTX, Cuda, or Challenger or any other old Mopar and do the swap. If you must do it to a Mustang (and it's your right to do what you wish) I think you should find 74 to 78 and do it on. If you must do a 69 then you can usually get a coupe fairly cheap and do the sportsroof conversion. It's not cheap but if you are doing a lot of work anyway then it is an option.