Sign in to follow this  
sportsroof69

Rear end housing

I put her on slicks last night, and it apparently doesn't care for 1.58 60's. It twisted the rear end housing 90* inside the leaf springs, so now the pinion yoke is straight up lol. It has Caltracs on it. I'm kind of surprised it did that, so now I have to find a fix, so it doesn't do it again.

I put her on slicks last night, and it apparently doesn't care for 1.58 60's. It twisted the rear end housing 90* inside the leaf springs, so now the pinion yoke is straight up lol. It has Caltracs on it. I'm kind of surprised it did that, so now I have to find a fix, so it doesn't do it again.

I was told the left front was up. I was only running 1/8 last night, and it went 7.48@93. That should be an 11 50-11.60 pass, but it was only the third trip to the track. It has more left in it. It was 98* outside, with a DA over 4000'.

with a 100 shot of NOS, you should be 10.99. but then you'd have to put in a cage.

I was told the left front was up. I was only running 1/8 last night, and it went 7.48@93. That should be an 11 50-11.60 pass, but it was only the third trip to the track. It has more left in it. It was 98* outside, with a DA over 4000'.

with a 100 shot of NOS, you should be 10.99. but then you'd have to put in a cage.

I've never heard of a tire stipulation for a cage, or hoop, but I'll ask my buddy. He will know, but I can not imagine why you would have to install a hoop at 13.99 just because you run a slick. That makes no sense. You have to have a driveshaft loop for slicks though.

I've never heard of a tire stipulation for a cage, or hoop, but I'll ask my buddy. He will know, but I can not imagine why you would have to install a hoop at 13.99 just because you run a slick. That makes no sense. You have to have a driveshaft loop for slicks though.

IF you are responding to me, could you indicate where i wrote there was a tire stipulation for a roll bar? Perhaps it was an old rule or i'm stupid. I'll need to fix that post if i wrote something like that. I couldn't find any indication of slicks and roll bar/cage in the 2011 book attached.

I would personally recommend digging thru the rulebook instead of relying on your buddy. You've got a powerhouse.

http://www.bremertonraceway.com/2011%20NHRA%20Rulebook.pdf

IF you are responding to me, could you indicate where i wrote there was a tire stipulation for a roll bar? Perhaps it was an old rule or i'm stupid. I'll need to fix that post if i wrote something like that. I couldn't find any indication of slicks and roll bar/cage in the 2011 book attached.

I would personally recommend digging thru the rulebook instead of relying on your buddy. You've got a powerhouse.

http://www.bremertonraceway.com/2011%20NHRA%20Rulebook.pdf

Well, considering my buddy builds chassis's, and works for the NHRA, certifying chassis, meaning if you want to be legal to run xxx, you have to see him, or one of his counterparts to get the sticker, I'm going to listen to what he has to say.

We were talking about needing a cage.

So I said you need a hoop (looks like I accidentally put "loop") at 11.49. A hoop is a generic word for roll bar. So, it would need some sort of protection before 10.99, as BigDuke mentioned.

11.49 has to have a loop, and it would go faster than 10.99 on the bottle. It should get real close to that N/A.

Then, you quoted my above statement, in reference to the hoop, and stated the following, and I can only assume you were talking about a cage, or hoop, since that's what BigDuke and I were talking about.

unless i'm misunderstanding (1/4 times/NHRA rulebook),

13.99 if using slicks.

11.49 if using street tires.

You put two times. One if using slicks, and one for street tires. I too have never heard any stipulation for a cage, depending on which tire you run. That's why I was going to ask my buddy, because it seemed to me that maybe you had interpreted something different than I, since you posted times for two different tires, and since it's his job to know the rulebook, he can help to remove any doubt.

Edited by sportsroof69

Well, considering my buddy builds chassis's, and works for the NHRA, certifying chassis, meaning if you want to be legal to run xxx, you have to see him, or one of his counterparts to get the sticker, I'm going to listen to what he has to say.

So I said you need a hoop (looks like I accidentally put "loop") at 11.49. A hoop is a generic word for roll bar. So, it would need some sort of protection before 10.99, as BigDuke mentioned.

11.49 has to have a loop, and it would go faster than 10.99 on the bottle. It should get real close to that N/A.

Then, you quoted my above statement, in reference to the hoop, and stated the following, and I can only assume you were talking about a cage, or hoop, since that's what BigDuke and I were talking about.

unless i'm misunderstanding (1/4 times/NHRA rulebook),

13.99 if using slicks.

11.49 if using street tires.

You put two times. One if using slicks, and one for street tires. I too have never heard any stipulation for a cage, depending on which tire you run. That's why I was going to ask my buddy, because it seemed to me that maybe you had interpreted something different than I, since you posted times for two different tires, and since it's his job to know the rulebook, he can help to remove any doubt.

Edited by sportsroof69

ok, that clears it up. I thought you were talking about a driveshaft loop (not a roll bar, aka hoop), thus my response.

i'm sure you are running a driveshaft loop.

i was thinking the rule book would be the best source of information instead of someone who interprets the rules. sorry about that.

ok, that clears it up. I thought you were talking about a driveshaft loop (not a roll bar, aka hoop), thus my response.

i'm sure you are running a driveshaft loop.

i was thinking the rule book would be the best source of information instead of someone who interprets the rules. sorry about that.

No worries!

I do have a driveshaft loop. It's sucks that it didn't keep it from knocking a hole in the floor. I think the large chunk of the exploding u joint is what did it.

I accidentally typed loop, instead of hoop, so I can see the confusion.