Sign in to follow this  
BigDuke6

A video and pictorial show on my rebuild

If you look at the video it was a 70 style before the wreck. Pause at the 37 second mark.

the PO must have done that. To tell you the truth, I never paid any attention to it. We re-used the side assemblies in the rebuild as they were not damaged.

Here's the '69 style, the light is flush with the panel and has a chrome trim ring around it.

2964459825_db71a6779d.jpg

Here's the '70 style. it is recessed into the panel instead.

2964459941_4fba480d2f.jpg

Any extra points for pointing out that both those cars are Boss 302s, the '69 is built at Dearborn, and the '70 is built at Meutchen? *Nerding*

Jerry, the car looks great!

Here's the '69 style, the light is flush with the panel and has a chrome trim ring around it.

2964459825_db71a6779d.jpg

Here's the '70 style. it is recessed into the panel instead.

2964459941_4fba480d2f.jpg

Any extra points for pointing out that both those cars are Boss 302s, the '69 is built at Dearborn, and the '70 is built at Meutchen? *Nerding*

Jerry, the car looks great!

The paint between the valence plate and the quarter panel. Notice the difference between the black/red. You don't see all of it on the '69 but here is another picture of it. This is also a '69 Dearborn Boss 302.

But let's not do a takeover on Jerrys tread ;)

The paint between the valence plate and the quarter panel. Notice the difference between the black/red. You don't see all of it on the '69 but here is another picture of it. This is also a '69 Dearborn Boss 302.

But let's not do a takeover on Jerrys tread ;)

ok, so they were masked differently for painting the black, or the Dearborn car was painted black after assembly and the Meutchen was painted before, right?

What if it is not the original paint?

ok, so they were masked differently for painting the black, or the Dearborn car was painted black after assembly and the Meutchen was painted before, right?

What if it is not the original paint?

I don't know how/why they did it, I just read it sometime in Bob Perkins' column in Mustangs Monthly. He knows all this shit.

If it's not original paint, or redone right, I could be mistaken.

I don't know how/why they did it, I just read it sometime in Bob Perkins' column in Mustangs Monthly. He knows all this shit.

If it's not original paint, or redone right, I could be mistaken.