Sign in to follow this  
69RavenConv

Raven Black Convertible

I haven't posted many pic's here, probably because I'm too lazy to organize my thoughts and photos and get them uploaded the way some of you guys are so good at it... but I've been teaching myself to paint so here's some progress. Here's the vert in SPI epoxy primer, buffed and prepped for 2k

I haven't posted many pic's here, probably because I'm too lazy to organize my thoughts and photos and get them uploaded the way some of you guys are so good at it... but I've been teaching myself to paint so here's some progress. Here's the vert in SPI epoxy primer, buffed and prepped for 2k

Here it is ready for color sanding, cut and buff. Base coat overspray on the fuel tank and clear overspray on the deck lid. :nono:A piece of my plastic hillbilly paint booth dropped during the second of three coats of clear and allowed overspray on the hood, doors and deck lid that were on the other side of the garage. Oh well, I was gonna have to sand and buff anyway .... I hear clay is good for removing overspray.

Here it is ready for color sanding, cut and buff. Base coat overspray on the fuel tank and clear overspray on the deck lid. :nono:A piece of my plastic hillbilly paint booth dropped during the second of three coats of clear and allowed overspray on the hood, doors and deck lid that were on the other side of the garage. Oh well, I was gonna have to sand and buff anyway .... I hear clay is good for removing overspray.

As long as I'm uploading, here's a shot of the bling-free engine compartment. This car was so original and complete that I couldn't bring myself to over-do the mods. That's an Edelbrock F4B manifold from the 1970's that's attached to a Holley 600. Truth be told, I'm more of a concours guy than a hot-rodder, but I'd still like to find a basket case for my next project that I could resto-mod it big time, just for a change of pace.

Edited by 69RavenConv

As long as I'm uploading, here's a shot of the bling-free engine compartment. This car was so original and complete that I couldn't bring myself to over-do the mods. That's an Edelbrock F4B manifold from the 1970's that's attached to a Holley 600. Truth be told, I'm more of a concours guy than a hot-rodder, but I'd still like to find a basket case for my next project that I could resto-mod it big time, just for a change of pace.

Edited by 69RavenConv

looking really good. I have that some color interior only with red paint. Sometimes I wish it was a black interior since parts are easier to find, but I do like the color.

Yeah, most everything in that photo except the seats started out black and I had to dye it or paint it to make it red. The camera flash makes it look pinker than it really is.

looking really good. I have that some color interior only with red paint. Sometimes I wish it was a black interior since parts are easier to find, but I do like the color.

Yeah, most everything in that photo except the seats started out black and I had to dye it or paint it to make it red. The camera flash makes it look pinker than it really is.

I'm a little further in my reassembly. The slop gray paint from NPD was almost an exact match to the original slop on my June, 69, Dearborn vert, so that was cool. Also, I found some original bumper bracket pads to replace my long-gone ones.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10921&d=1332990359

I've got a ton of build update photos to post but, long story short, it's back on the road!

Took the wife out for a ride for our 10th anniversary. Filled the tank ($50), went out to dinner and the kitchen staff came out into the dining area and said "who owns the black Mustang? It's starting to rain"

Thanked them, put the top up and, after dinner, went home and got the wife's Honda for the rest of the evening. It's been 25 years since I last drove it. Put about 40 mile on it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12313&stc=1&d=1348373895

Edited by 69RavenConv

I like the wheels you have on your Vert. Those were the same ones I had on a couple of my other Mustangs & want to put them on this one to. What brand are they & what is the back spacing on the rims & what size tires are you using?.

Great feeling taking the car out of the garage after soooo many years of working on it. I've got almost 1200 miles on my restoration and it just gets better & better. I figure I'm almost out of the debugging stage, I get little things here and there but nothing a flat bed tow truck & an hour or 2 in the garage doesn't fix.