Sign in to follow this  
302coupe

carb questions

Ok but ive tried them screwied in,way out and in the middle,my floats are the prob im pretty sure.also how would i lower the fuel pressure?What confuses me is that everytime i started it on my driveway the car ran great,even ran fine on the road ...for a while,so im doubting the fuel pressure solution.

Edited by 302coupe

Ok but ive tried them screwied in,way out and in the middle,my floats are the prob im pretty sure.also how would i lower the fuel pressure?What confuses me is that everytime i started it on my driveway the car ran great,even ran fine on the road ...for a while,so im doubting the fuel pressure solution.

Edited by 302coupe

Mach 1 Rider is right on the 6 psi for fuel pressure. I "fat fingere typod" my earlier post. If your fuel pressure is higher than 6, you either need to get a "stock" type fuel pump or get a good fuel pressure regulator. Here's a link to what I have. I have a Carter high pressure pump on my car, and without a regulator, it floods and won't run. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-12-803/

Mach 1 Rider is right on the 6 psi for fuel pressure. I "fat fingere typod" my earlier post. If your fuel pressure is higher than 6, you either need to get a "stock" type fuel pump or get a good fuel pressure regulator. Here's a link to what I have. I have a Carter high pressure pump on my car, and without a regulator, it floods and won't run. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-12-803/

You will need to go thru the float level setting steps first to conferm they are at right level to start with or you will be chasing your tail forever.

Unless your running something other than stock fuel pump, pressure may not be your issue.

If you are, then an inline pressure regulator between the pump and carb may be required to keep it down to 6psi.

You will need to go thru the float level setting steps first to conferm they are at right level to start with or you will be chasing your tail forever.

Unless your running something other than stock fuel pump, pressure may not be your issue.

If you are, then an inline pressure regulator between the pump and carb may be required to keep it down to 6psi.

He says in an early post his pressure is at 7.5 or 8, so I think his fuel pump is giving him too much pressure.

He says in an early post his pressure is at 7.5 or 8, so I think his fuel pump is giving him too much pressure.