Sign in to follow this  
panteramatt

Need some birthday ideas

So my wife keeps bugging me for ideas on what to get me for my birthday. Well I want to get some 3 point seatbelts, lowering springs for the front, and roller perches for my 69. Can yall tell me where the best place to get them would be and which ones I should go with? Im already doin the shelby drop and putting edelbrock shocks in.

I normally ask for gift cards or gift certificates to CJ Pony Parts, Autozone, Mustangs Plus, etc. That way I know that the stuff I want gets ordered and I don't have to send something back.

I normally ask for gift cards or gift certificates to CJ Pony Parts, Autozone, Mustangs Plus, etc. That way I know that the stuff I want gets ordered and I don't have to send something back.

So those wesco seatbelts are a direct bolt in? I imagine you got the 8" reciever right? Is the hardware kit needed?

They're a direct bolt in. I got the 11" receiver. 8" would be too short unless your really tall and have the seat back really far. In my car I didnt use the ridgid sleves because it wasnt very flexable and it didnt fit nicely between the seat and tranny tunnel. I bought the hardware kit, but didnt use it. I used all my original bolts.

I got the Item # WELR-L ones.

Edited by Burn

So those wesco seatbelts are a direct bolt in? I imagine you got the 8" reciever right? Is the hardware kit needed?

They're a direct bolt in. I got the 11" receiver. 8" would be too short unless your really tall and have the seat back really far. In my car I didnt use the ridgid sleves because it wasnt very flexable and it didnt fit nicely between the seat and tranny tunnel. I bought the hardware kit, but didnt use it. I used all my original bolts.

I got the Item # WELR-L ones.

Edited by Burn

Well im 6'3" and have my seat moved back more than factory so 8" it is. Should I go 11" for the passenger side? Also if you removed the sleeve does it just fall down? I dont wanna go searching for it everytime I need to buckle up.

Well im 6'3" and have my seat moved back more than factory so 8" it is. Should I go 11" for the passenger side? Also if you removed the sleeve does it just fall down? I dont wanna go searching for it everytime I need to buckle up.

I'm 5'6" so not sure which length would work best for you and your passenger. Without the sleeve the buckle keeps it from fall down between the seat and tunnel. Not a issue for me on my car.

My only complaint is that the locking mechanism is super sensitive. It usually takes a few pulls across me to get it buckled because it wants to "lock" when I pull on it fast. I guess this is a good thing.

I'm 5'6" so not sure which length would work best for you and your passenger. Without the sleeve the buckle keeps it from fall down between the seat and tunnel. Not a issue for me on my car.

My only complaint is that the locking mechanism is super sensitive. It usually takes a few pulls across me to get it buckled because it wants to "lock" when I pull on it fast. I guess this is a good thing.

Regarding the roller perches, if ebay isn't your preference, you can also purchase them directly from his site at http://www.opentrackerracingproducts.com/rollerperch/, but you'll still use paypal to purchase them.

I bought a set from there and while I can't say that I've used them yet (car is still under construction), they appear to be very nice pieces. Many others on this board have complimented them as well.

Regarding the roller perches, if ebay isn't your preference, you can also purchase them directly from his site at http://www.opentrackerracingproducts.com/rollerperch/, but you'll still use paypal to purchase them.

I bought a set from there and while I can't say that I've used them yet (car is still under construction), they appear to be very nice pieces. Many others on this board have complimented them as well.