Sign in to follow this  
steve wood

pass. side dash panel

I'm restoring a '69 fastback and, I am missing the passenger side dash panel. On the Mach 1 it has a clock, mine just has the pony running as an embelishment. It's the peice between the dash pad and the glove box. Any ideas on where I could get my hands on one?

Thanks,

Steve

You need the whole panel, or just the snap on overlay, or just the pony?

Does the car have woodgrain instrument cluster or black camera case finish?

Not sure if Mach 1s came with out a clock on pass side? But I'm probably wrong, just never seen one

Steve,

E'Bay is the best place. I picked up a really nice one for my base coupe with the standard clock. I had to spray dye it to freshen it up but it looks great. Set up a search on E'Bay and have it e-mail you when new ones are listed. They are out there.

Steve

This guy has a lot of used parts, not always the cheapest but at least you don't get stuck in a bidding war either.

http://marc-mart.net/mymustangstore/

I am curious how you know this is what you had and need to replace if it is missing though? This panel is not too common and as such not the easiest to find. It would normally hold the standard rectangle clock and I am pretty sure it only got the running pony block off plate if someone happened to order the interior courtesy light option but not the clock so really you only need this exact part if you are interested in an exact restoration of your car or really really need the map light.

I spotted two on the above sight with a quick glance but both have some minor breakage, the plain stock panel is probably much easier to find and cheaper.

69-70%20std%20int%20clock-map%20light%20panel%20%231.JPG

This guy has a lot of used parts, not always the cheapest but at least you don't get stuck in a bidding war either.

http://marc-mart.net/mymustangstore/

I am curious how you know this is what you had and need to replace if it is missing though? This panel is not too common and as such not the easiest to find. It would normally hold the standard rectangle clock and I am pretty sure it only got the running pony block off plate if someone happened to order the interior courtesy light option but not the clock so really you only need this exact part if you are interested in an exact restoration of your car or really really need the map light.

I spotted two on the above sight with a quick glance but both have some minor breakage, the plain stock panel is probably much easier to find and cheaper.

69-70%20std%20int%20clock-map%20light%20panel%20%231.JPG

Steve, do you have deluxe or standard interior? Is your car a Mach or just a fastback? See the following link for pictures of the different panels. The deluxe woodgrain clock delete panel was typically on non-machs and either had a Grande emblem or a Mustang emblem.

Steve, do you have deluxe or standard interior? Is your car a Mach or just a fastback? See the following link for pictures of the different panels. The deluxe woodgrain clock delete panel was typically on non-machs and either had a Grande emblem or a Mustang emblem.

Ah hell. Sorry bout that. See here: http://1970mgr.org/_DifferencesGauges.htm

They did have the deluxe woodgrain clock delete but it was just solid woodgrain all the way across, as shown in that link. There are three different standard interior panels, one without anything, one with the running horse and no map light, and one with running horse and map light.

Ah hell. Sorry bout that. See here: http://1970mgr.org/_DifferencesGauges.htm

They did have the deluxe woodgrain clock delete but it was just solid woodgrain all the way across, as shown in that link. There are three different standard interior panels, one without anything, one with the running horse and no map light, and one with running horse and map light.

Doing too much at the same time and not proofreading my replies. Anyhoo, I looked on ebay and to my amazement I couldn't even find a standard passenger panel, let alone one with the maplight and running horse. I did find the map light, but no panel. I only have deluxe ones, otherwise I'd sell you one if I had it.

Doing too much at the same time and not proofreading my replies. Anyhoo, I looked on ebay and to my amazement I couldn't even find a standard passenger panel, let alone one with the maplight and running horse. I did find the map light, but no panel. I only have deluxe ones, otherwise I'd sell you one if I had it.