Sign in to follow this  
Big Secz

Where can I get this plug???

Hey Big,

Do you have a manual top on your car? I'm trying to figure out why you need that plug at all because I could swear on the 69' that's where the cable to the power top switch comes out.

Sorry guys I forgort I had posted this question.

Pak,

I have a power top on my car. The body shop removed the plug and never put it back after I had the engine bay repainted so right now its just a big hole. Need something to plug it up.

7tRed,

What are the dates? I know they have two shows a year. I'd lvoe to come back down again if my car holds up. I have a power steering fluid leak right now and I haven't had time to trouble shoot it.

I have a power top on my car. The body shop removed the plug and never put it back after I had the engine bay repainted so right now its just a big hole. Need something to plug it up.

Did you locate your power top feed wire that goes through the firewall and to the starter solenoid? IIRC it is a circuit that attaches to the solenoid.

My 70 vert with power top did not have the power top relay harness running through there.

Doesnt that one goes into the cowl? If so it's probably just a clean out/ drain I believe.

As you see from my picture I had the same plug. Like you had mentioned I too thought it was just a clean out. I just needed to find a replacement plug. I checked and a previous poster was right, CJ has them. I just hate placing and order for $0.95 so it's a good excuse for me to add a couple small ticket things to my order.....I just need to figure out what to add.

LOL, I have shopping carts all over the place like that!! It's a sickness really.

Yeah, as you can see from my pic the one I had was very rough but original and sat in a barn since 1978, so I took a lot of pics to document weird stuff.

Big,

Yes, CVMC has two car shows a year, The first is a participant vote show open to all makes and models on April 30. The All Ford and Mustang Show as you know is a judged show on Sept 24. You can get more info on car shows and their dates at the Car Club Council of Central Virginia website. You can also see a pic of your car from last years fall show. If you upgrade to the Borgeson system keep us informed, I too would like to install their system, but I don't think they have a kit for a 351c with full length headers yet.

Paul

Big,

Yes, CVMC has two car shows a year, The first is a participant vote show open to all makes and models on April 30. The All Ford and Mustang Show as you know is a judged show on Sept 24. You can get more info on car shows and their dates at the Car Club Council of Central Virginia website. You can also see a pic of your car from last years fall show. If you upgrade to the Borgeson system keep us informed, I too would like to install their system, but I don't think they have a kit for a 351c with full length headers yet.

Paul

I'll probably make the September show. I'm hoping to order the Borgeson steering upgrade kit pretty soon. Just have to get the ok from the boss, my wife. I have play in the steering that makes it hard to keep the car in a straight line when at highway speeds, I'm hoping the kit eliminates that. My only concern is if there will be enough clearance with my shorty headers.