Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Kahn

New member intro

Hi All,

Just joined the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. Long-time Mustang guy, I built a road race prepped '68 Fastback when I was 15 with my dad that made a bunch of magazines, and also built a 5.0 driver. Eventually had to sell both to pay for wedding, house, that kind of thing. Now I'm back! Just picked up a '70 fastback that I'm turning into a Bud Moore '70 Boss 302 inspired pro-touring car. I work in the automotive industry doing marketing for a variety of aftermarket companies. Anyway, just wanted to say hello.

Dan

CIMG6882-1.jpg

Thanks guys. Here are a few more shots.

CIMG6884-1.jpg

CIMG6876-1.jpg

As for my plans, it has a built 351C and a Keisler 5-speed. The 9-inch has 3.90 gears but is a one-legger, so I'll be adding limited slip. I'm also planning on adding a NASCAR style power steering setup and box from Lee Manufacturing, then Wilwood or Baer brakes. After that I'll do some more suspension tuning - A-Arms, subframe connectors, etc.

Cosmetically I'm going to add the vinyl hockey stick stripes to the side, but I'm leaving the hood stripes off, like the PJ and Follmer cars. I'm considering adding a set of minilite wheels, but I also really like the American Racing 200S that are on the car.

Feedback is always appreciated!

Dan

Agreed. I actually ordered them from Phoenix Graphics and they showed up yesterday. Probably going to apply them over the weekend.

I think what I'm going to do is just apply the hockey stripes but not the hood stripes, and I'm going to place them low so the Boss is above the fender ridge and the 302 is below it, like they did on the Bud Moore Trans Am Cars. The production cars had the entire stripe up higher. Also thinking about swapping out the blacked out Boss style tail light bezels for chrome and black bezels like the moore cars had.

What do you guys think?

Here's the stock stripe location:

boss.jpg

This is the Trans Am style location lower:

1970boss302mustang_01.jpg

Here's the stock tail light bezel:

1970_00065_06.jpg

Here's the Trans Am style setup with the chrome bezel:

i1087950_1970-boss302-racing.jpg

Agreed. I actually ordered them from Phoenix Graphics and they showed up yesterday. Probably going to apply them over the weekend.

I think what I'm going to do is just apply the hockey stripes but not the hood stripes, and I'm going to place them low so the Boss is above the fender ridge and the 302 is below it, like they did on the Bud Moore Trans Am Cars. The production cars had the entire stripe up higher. Also thinking about swapping out the blacked out Boss style tail light bezels for chrome and black bezels like the moore cars had.

What do you guys think?

Here's the stock stripe location:

boss.jpg

This is the Trans Am style location lower:

1970boss302mustang_01.jpg

Here's the stock tail light bezel:

1970_00065_06.jpg

Here's the Trans Am style setup with the chrome bezel:

i1087950_1970-boss302-racing.jpg

Sounds good to me. I like the idea of a 1970 Bud Moore Trans Am Clone. If I were doing that, I would run dual exhaust to the back, but not have the pipes come thru under the rear valance, but exit out of sight under the car. Then, I would put fake side pipes on that look like the Bud Moore cars. I've had side pipes before, and didn't like the drone and the exhaust fumes coming into the car while at idle with the windows down.

I have a 302 69 fastback in addition to the Mach1, and if my wife let's me keep them both (doubt that will happen though,) I was going to go the Boss 302 clone route myself. The 302 is was built by Bliss Perfromance Engineering, so it should scream like a Boss.

Edited by jholmes217
typo

Sounds good to me. I like the idea of a 1970 Bud Moore Trans Am Clone. If I were doing that, I would run dual exhaust to the back, but not have the pipes come thru under the rear valance, but exit out of sight under the car. Then, I would put fake side pipes on that look like the Bud Moore cars. I've had side pipes before, and didn't like the drone and the exhaust fumes coming into the car while at idle with the windows down.

I have a 302 69 fastback in addition to the Mach1, and if my wife let's me keep them both (doubt that will happen though,) I was going to go the Boss 302 clone route myself. The 302 is was built by Bliss Perfromance Engineering, so it should scream like a Boss.

Edited by jholmes217
typo