Sign in to follow this  
Sidthing

Another acquired 69 fastback, what to do with it?

I'm buying another 69 fastback tomorrow, and I was curious as to how to build this thing. This build will be a few years away, but it'll take time to get the parts (it needs a lot). I've always liked the idea of building my own quarter horse, but a Boss 302 clone seems pretty bad ass as well. Your opinions are wanted.

I like the Boss 302 clone idea. Only drawback is filling the rear quarter panel vents as the Boss 302 didn't have those. Otherwise, not much required of the body. You would need the sport mirrors also. Engine wise, Edelbrock is making a "Clevor" head with matching intake in order make your own Boss engine.

Tub out the wheel wells, fit some big rims dump it low,splash on a new colour that no one has done, paint all chrome,remove badges,fit running gear from a late model mustang and complete custom interior....Hang on thats my dream lol.

Edited by 9RO1M

Interesting idea 9r... Find a 2005+ wrecked mustang with most of drivetrain intact and interior as welll and transplant what you can.

Which takes less fabricating, swapping a 2005+ interior or the 94 - 04?

morbid curiosity, really.

if it's going to need major work to get it back on the road, you could consider parting it out. That would keep it from the crusher and at the same time, benefit the mustang community. Just a thought.

if it's going to need major work to get it back on the road, you could consider parting it out. That would keep it from the crusher and at the same time, benefit the mustang community. Just a thought.