Sign in to follow this  
MikeStang

Will these Wheels Fit?

Found some Super bad wheels for sale locally, guy had them custom made for something, the bolt pattern will work, its a 5x114.3....rim size is 20x10 with a 6-5/8 backspace with plus 30 offset, and 20x8.5 front with a 6-1/8" Backspace and Plus 35 Offset....I dont think they will work, but wasnt sure LOL they look nice and the price aint bad.

Mike

If I had a dollar for every time somebody told me "nope that wont work" I would be a millionaire and my car would look like just like any other mustang.

Heres a pic of my current wheel setup that I was told "that will never work"

Front wheels are 18x9, 6.18" BS, 1.18 OFFSET

Back wheels 18x10. 6.6" BS, 1.1 OFFSET

[ATTACH]7850[/ATTACH]

Remember its all about hotroding. I say try them out if they guy will let you check the fitment before committing to buying. If anything with a 20" rim at that width you may just need to massage the inner wheel wells.

Rolled fenders in the rear, small minute massage to the the inner wheel wells. Nothing that is even close to noticeable.

On the front there is a 1/8 inch spacer to keep the rim off the upper a-arm ball joint. I am actually trying to replace the upper A- arm ball joint all together with a flat top uni-ball joint so I can get rid of the spacer.

And just for FYI the front of the car in that pic has the shelby 1" drop, TCP power rack, an 3/4 of a coil from 2" inch drop coils cut out. The back has reverse eyed leaf springs. I wish i could go lower with the car and cover a little more of the 18's but I am maxed out on clearance for my long tube headers, any lower and the car wont be drivable.

Clown car? I guess everyone has their opinions. Larger wheels look great on restomods and original wheels look great on original cars. The wheels the OP discussed just may fit with some some minor work. Here are the 10 x 20's on my clown.[ATTACH]7854[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7855[/ATTACH]

Clown car? I guess everyone has their opinions. Larger wheels look great on restomods and original wheels look great on original cars. The wheels the OP discussed just may fit with some some minor work. Here are the 10 x 20's on my clown.[ATTACH]7854[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7855[/ATTACH]

If that's a clown car, sign me up. BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!!!

[ATTACH]7855[/ATTACH]

LOL, I was just cranking up the discussion!

CG, your car looks great!

CG that is the look im going for ....CVC i have the shelby drop with 620 drop springs, and 4.5 reverse rear springs.....We did the same thing on my friends mach as mine but his rears are Mid eyes, and with his 17" wheels it sits lower than yours does.....dont really understand why either, i just know when we installed everything then went and drove it that the rear settled enough that we had to cut one full coil i believe off his front springs, and it settled the car right down to the top of the rim, and looks just right, but i want a bit lower....On a side note , he hit a 3 way hitch in the interstate and it bent his header collector into a pretzel, almost knocked a hole in the muffler and molested his floor pan...we had to have ball flanges welded on the headers because there was no way to straighten the old collectors....so in south Louisiana you really only should go just so low LOL

Mike

Mike, since the wheels are local you should be able to try before you buy - always a huge advantage. I was able to use a company test wheel from Bonspeed to verify fit before spending the big money and having the custom wheels made. Lucky I did because the test wheel had the wrong backspacing. Yes I am in Houston, let me know if you ever get this direction.

CG the next time i come to texas im coming to see that car :)

arent you in Houston?>

Mike

Here is a peak at the 530 FE stroker under the hood. Still trying to decide what color to paint the Ford blue air cleaner base. CG

CG that is the look im going for ....CVC i have the shelby drop with 620 drop springs, and 4.5 reverse rear springs.....We did the same thing on my friends mach as mine but his rears are Mid eyes, and with his 17" wheels it sits lower than yours does.....dont really understand why either, i just know when we installed everything then went and drove it that the rear settled enough that we had to cut one full coil i believe off his front springs, and it settled the car right down to the top of the rim, and looks just right, but i want a bit lower....On a side note , he hit a 3 way hitch in the interstate and it bent his header collector into a pretzel, almost knocked a hole in the muffler and molested his floor pan...we had to have ball flanges welded on the headers because there was no way to straighten the old collectors....so in south Louisiana you really only should go just so low LOL

Mike

Probably because I have not driven mine yet :(

If I had a dollar for every time somebody told me "nope that wont work" I would be a millionaire and my car would look like just like any other mustang.

Heres a pic of my current wheel setup that I was told "that will never work"

Front wheels are 18x9, 6.18" BS, 1.18 OFFSET

Back wheels 18x10. 6.6" BS, 1.1 OFFSET

[ATTACH]7850[/ATTACH]

Remember its all about hotroding. I say try them out if they guy will let you check the fitment before committing to buying. If anything with a 20" rim at that width you may just need to massage the inner wheel wells.

Sorry for thread jacking OP, Finally someone with saleen style rims!! i wanted some for my coupe but everyone told me it woudnt fit with out modding something. One question whats the offset on you rims? And what sizze tires are you running?