Sign in to follow this  
Burn

The 351w is ALIVE after 4 long yrs (Videos)

Today is a very happy day. The motor that I spent years collecting parts for and a year building finally roared to life today. I was nervous to say the least. I've never built a motor before, let alone break-in a camshaft. I took some videos to share with you guys.

Video#1 First Start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-UMRgcTsz4

Video#2 Second Start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvzu8b1NJlo

Video#2 Idle down after 25min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxGnqBPHKeU

Next, I'll swap out the shorties with my new chrome FPA headers and then dial-in the timing before I take her to the muffler shop. For the exhaust I'm thinking about going true duals (no X or H-Pipe) with Flowmasters.

I should have this bad boy on the street in a few more weeks! :biggrin:

Sweet!

For the exhaust I'm thinking about going true duals (no X or H-Pipe) with Flowmasters.

Thats the set-up I have. No junction. Just two individual pipes. Any particular reason why you won't be using and H or X pipe? I ask because I plan to add an X pipe when I re-do my exhaust.

Sweet!

Thats the set-up I have. No junction. Just two individual pipes. Any particular reason why you won't be using and H or X pipe? I ask because I plan to add an X pipe when I re-do my exhaust.

I've heard a few different Mustangs with true duals and Flowmasters and thats the sound I want. IMHO X and H sound too modern for a stock looking 70 Mustang. Later, If I decide to go down the restomod path I'll probably go with a X-Pipe.

Edited by Burn

The first video was awesome! The last 4 seconds had me cracking up: where your wife peeks her head in the garage and says "God!" obviously because of the terrible racket you were creating sans headers.

We've all been there! I remember when I first started my 351 without headers...my golden retriever just bolted down our driveway like it was the end of the world.

Memories! My wife and kids were at the park across the driveway from our open garage, and she was like (with her hands over her ears "Turn It OFF!!!!, it sounds like a helicopter".. "I cant honey, I have to break it in or it will be ruined!" LOL!!