Sign in to follow this  
Black_69_FB

Power door locks first, or power windows?

Got a big weekend of work on the Mustang coming up, hopefully. Just wondering what order everyone thinks is best to tackle the two major projects.

Which would you do first?

A) power door locks

B) power windows

I'm leaning toward door locks first... that way if I'm wrong, it won't be as big a PITA as pulling the glass back out ;) Suggestions?

If you can do them both at the same time you are better off. It will be easier to do the door locks if you pull the windows out anyway. When I was putting my car back together that is how I did it.

Thanks, jaday123. Looks like door locks are first.

Do em both at the same time. 1/2 the battle is getting the door skins off, etc. I found the hardest part about the windows was the wiring. Mounting was easy.

Oh, they will both definitely be done in the same incursion. I was just looking for some advice as to which to physically bolt in first (due to interference issues).

Curious,What power lock kit are you going to use? thanks

These are the ones I got:

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=W01F-712T

Unfortunately, they can't be installed yet because the Nu-Relics power window regulator hits the motor on the way down, so I had to pull it back out & put in the old manual crank until I can figure out a fix :wacko: