Sign in to follow this  
10851CVC

Custom Gauge Build

Just the cost of the gauges from speedhut. Everything else was either a stock part that got modified or something laying around the garage (like the plexi-glass). The total time I have into the build would be about 15 hours because of all of the sanding to remove all of the fake wood grain from the front outer panel on the gauge cluster. I guess another cost would be the single can of clear coat for the front outer panel.

Edited by 10851CVC

Just the cost of the gauges from speedhut. Everything else was either a stock part that got modified or something laying around the garage (like the plexi-glass). The total time I have into the build would be about 15 hours because of all of the sanding to remove all of the fake wood grain from the front outer panel on the gauge cluster. I guess another cost would be the single can of clear coat for the front outer panel.

Edited by 10851CVC

Saw these at the local A-Zone. They look vintage/old school thought about using them for the blinkers. This would probably be the easy way out/solution for the blinkers.

[ATTACH]7345[/ATTACH]

IMPSTRZ8 and I were discussing the possibility of the some how making the inner ring of the two outer gauges light up. Like a hidden halo in the gauge tunnel.

Saw these at the local A-Zone. They look vintage/old school thought about using them for the blinkers. This would probably be the easy way out/solution for the blinkers.

[ATTACH]7345[/ATTACH]

IMPSTRZ8 and I were discussing the possibility of the some how making the inner ring of the two outer gauges light up. Like a hidden halo in the gauge tunnel.

very cool. that's what i plan on doing with mine - how did you get the wood grain off the part? i did the clock side and the door panels with scrapers, heat guns, various chemicals.. nothing seemed to really work without dubious amounts of elbow grease...

very cool. that's what i plan on doing with mine - how did you get the wood grain off the part? i did the clock side and the door panels with scrapers, heat guns, various chemicals.. nothing seemed to really work without dubious amounts of elbow grease...

Here is a small update on my gauge project. I started to build a flat panel to put inside of the the center AC vent to hold my last two gauges. The first picture is from the the back and shows the small rectangle shaped cage attached to the panel to support the panel in the dash pad. The second picture is from the front. (The gauge panel will be eventually be wrapped in a fabric with similar texture to the dash panel, It will NOT stay in its raw form)