Sign in to follow this  
10851CVC

Custom Gauge Build

Gauges arrived from speedhut.

[ATTACH]7318[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7319[/ATTACH]

Cut a piece of plexi-type glass and then painted it black. THis will be used as a base to hold the speedo and tach. It makes sense in the end.

[ATTACH]7320[/ATTACH]

Here is the center gauges installed on plexi base.

[ATTACH]7321[/ATTACH]

Here is the back.

[ATTACH]7322[/ATTACH]

Gauges arrived from speedhut.

[ATTACH]7318[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7319[/ATTACH]

Cut a piece of plexi-type glass and then painted it black. THis will be used as a base to hold the speedo and tach. It makes sense in the end.

[ATTACH]7320[/ATTACH]

Here is the center gauges installed on plexi base.

[ATTACH]7321[/ATTACH]

Here is the back.

[ATTACH]7322[/ATTACH]

Next I took the metal backing from the original gauges and stripped it all the way down.

[ATTACH]7323[/ATTACH]

If anyone needs any of these hard to find items, send me a message..Ill pay it forward.

[ATTACH]7324[/ATTACH]

Then I glued a small black piece of tubing to the inner lip of the original metal backing to take up the slack sense I am not using the original plastic face shield for each gauge.

[ATTACH]7325[/ATTACH]

Next I glued the plexi panel to the back of the gauge panel.

[ATTACH]7326[/ATTACH]

Next I took the metal backing from the original gauges and stripped it all the way down.

[ATTACH]7323[/ATTACH]

If anyone needs any of these hard to find items, send me a message..Ill pay it forward.

[ATTACH]7324[/ATTACH]

Then I glued a small black piece of tubing to the inner lip of the original metal backing to take up the slack sense I am not using the original plastic face shield for each gauge.

[ATTACH]7325[/ATTACH]

Next I glued the plexi panel to the back of the gauge panel.

[ATTACH]7326[/ATTACH]

Now since the stock metal back has been stripped down, it screws right down on the stock mounting locations.

[ATTACH]7327[/ATTACH]

Here is a side shot.

[ATTACH]7328[/ATTACH]

and another

[ATTACH]7329[/ATTACH]

And now here is the front.

[ATTACH]7330[/ATTACH]

Ill finish up the side gauges tomorrow and update this post again.

Now since the stock metal back has been stripped down, it screws right down on the stock mounting locations.

[ATTACH]7327[/ATTACH]

Here is a side shot.

[ATTACH]7328[/ATTACH]

and another

[ATTACH]7329[/ATTACH]

And now here is the front.

[ATTACH]7330[/ATTACH]

Ill finish up the side gauges tomorrow and update this post again.

Cool, been looking for one of those little screws :whistling: My stang is White though, not sure if they will fit...lol

VERY nice looking dash.

Edited by RZ_70coupe

Cool, been looking for one of those little screws :whistling: My stang is White though, not sure if they will fit...lol

VERY nice looking dash.

Edited by RZ_70coupe

this is a great "DIY custom gauge cluster" you should post up ur spec/sizes on the gauges if you can and where you purchased materials etc as you go along.

keep up the good work, ill be planning to do a custom gauge/cluster myself. this is a good read. thanks for posting.

this is a great "DIY custom gauge cluster" you should post up ur spec/sizes on the gauges if you can and where you purchased materials etc as you go along.

keep up the good work, ill be planning to do a custom gauge/cluster myself. this is a good read. thanks for posting.

So here is the rest of the build. I did the two smaller side gauges the same way I did the middle two. Here is the back.

[ATTACH]7333[/ATTACH]

Here is the front.

[ATTACH]7334[/ATTACH]

Next I stripped down the original metal housings and used them on the backs of the new gauges as well. They mounted straight to the stock mounting points.

[ATTACH]7335[/ATTACH]

I then drilled a small hole on the bottom of the gauge cluster and installed the dimmer switch that came with the gauges.

[ATTACH]7336[/ATTACH]

So here is the rest of the build. I did the two smaller side gauges the same way I did the middle two. Here is the back.

[ATTACH]7333[/ATTACH]

Here is the front.

[ATTACH]7334[/ATTACH]

Next I stripped down the original metal housings and used them on the backs of the new gauges as well. They mounted straight to the stock mounting points.

[ATTACH]7335[/ATTACH]

I then drilled a small hole on the bottom of the gauge cluster and installed the dimmer switch that came with the gauges.

[ATTACH]7336[/ATTACH]