Sign in to follow this  
ruger1

Any road race 69s around

I'm new to this forum and I recently bought a 69 fastback to make a Mach 1 clone for my son, but he won't be able to drive it (for medical reasons) and I can't seem to sell it. So instead of getting a late model Mustang I'm thinking about making a track car out of it to run track day events at Watkins Glen. Right now it has a 351C with a C4 and 4 corner drums. My plan is to put my late model 302 EFI and 5 speed in it with a Heidts front suspension, roll cage and tied frame. I had driven my 65 fastback (306 & 4 speed) @ the Glen with just an updated suspension with HD sway bar, urethane bushings and it was okay but I'm looking for ideas on this and if anyone else uses a 69 as track car.

im a roadrace wannabe ..... but mods are for street.... maybe one day ill finish... you should find some ideas on this site... members are usually very helpful...

welcome!

:tongue_smilie:

I'm new to this forum and I recently bought a 69 fastback to make a Mach 1 clone for my son, but he won't be able to drive it (for medical reasons) and I can't seem to sell it. So instead of getting a late model Mustang I'm thinking about making a track car out of it to run track day events at Watkins Glen. Right now it has a 351C with a C4 and 4 corner drums. My plan is to put my late model 302 EFI and 5 speed in it with a Heidts front suspension, roll cage and tied frame. I had driven my 65 fastback (306 & 4 speed) @ the Glen with just an updated suspension with HD sway bar, urethane bushings and it was okay but I'm looking for ideas on this and if anyone else uses a 69 as track car.

On 5/28/2010 at 5:27 AM, ruger1 said:

I am also new.Your ar 13 year old but Your plan to transform the '69 Fastback into a track car for Watkins Glen is ambitious and exciting. Swapping the engine, improving suspension, and adding safety features reflect a thoughtful approach. Engaging the forum for ideas and experiences with using a '69 as a track car can offer invaluable insights for this thrilling project.

Nrega Job Card List