Sign in to follow this  
Wade

map light

Anyone know where I can find a map light for my 69? It has the deluxe interior, apparently the lights were different. I looked in the online mustang parts catalogs and could not find it.

Just got a message from Perogie, they want $295!!

Found one on Ebay with a beginning bid of $95 and says "reserve not met".

I was hoping to find an aftermarket one for much less.

Thanks for the link. If I knew how to work with fiberglass, I'd make some to sell. That is a simple little light housing, should cost $10. I just bought a small Sony am/fm radio brand new for about $15. I've seen off brand mp3 players for $15 to $20 range. Those things have a lot more technology in it then that little map light.

That is an awesome site for reference items.

There is a guy selling repo's on e-bay. don't remember the price though. I removed mine and sold it on e-bay a few years ago. I think it's a cool gadget but really not any not anything wirth over $30 IMHO

Hi Wade. Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for when you say "Map Light". I have an Old Panel that goes between the Glove Box and Dash Pad on the passenger side. It has a Clock in it and above the Clock is a Light. Don't know if that is called a "Map Light' or not. When I have a few minutes of spare time I'll try to find it and post a couple of pics for you.

That is a map light for a standard interior car. The deluxe with wood grain also has a light but it mounts a little lower and the housing is shorter than the one in you pics….

Here are some pics from the good ol' VMF

p1247957.jpg

untitlsmall.jpg

p1237945.jpg

Yep that's it Trinity's. I guess it is a matter of supply and demand when it comes to pricing. I'll keep looking. Chances are I'll never use it, but I like putting everything back together with all the options the car came with originally.

edit...

Well I just bought one on Ebay with a buy it now price of $75 + $9.50 shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-70-mustang-deluxe-map-lite-/260602903722

It said it is missing a wire:

"maybe missing one wire the one with female red plug"

not sure which wire is missing, it is hard to see in his picture. In looking at the pics Trinity posted, the middle pic, there is a wire with what looks like a white push switch... perhaps a glovebox door switch? Does that light switch on when the glovebox is opened?

Edited by Wade