Sign in to follow this  
rangerdoc

Should I use my spoiler?

I have a used fiberglass front spoiler. As I was going through the parts catalogs I noticed they sell plastic front spoilers. I'm not going for originality, just looks. Any issues using a fiberglass spoiler? Any difference mounting it?

I personally would just get the ABS plastic one just for the fact that fiberglass is notorious for cracking easily and something that is going to be a couple inches from the ground I would think that a nice speed bump or pothole would destroy it. Just my opinion.

Was the fiberglass version and original Ford part? If so, I would bet you could polish it up and sell it for 2X what you can buy the plastic one for. I concur - the plastic is more forgiving, looks great, and is cheap to replace for when you misjudge the height of that parking curb... :biggrin:

A plastic spolier was the spoiler you got when you ordered a spoiler from the Ford dealer in 1973. To the best of my knowledge plastic spoilers are the originals.

JAG

Having scraped a few driveways.

With added thanks to the idiot that was talking on her cell while driving the minivan,

I have a 1 inch crack in the pass corner from dodging her and clipping a curb.

I think my replacement will be plastic.