Sign in to follow this  
foothilltom

302 and 351W Exhaust Manifolds the same?

Hey gents, am wondering if 302 and 351W exhaust manifolds are interchangeable. I have a 351W and am looking at these on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/69-70-71-Ford-302-351W-Exhaust-Manifolds_W0QQitemZ190385249492QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2c53d85cd4

My gut tells me they are NOT the same, but I can't find a definitive answer.

My search online for repops has been fruitless. Seems they only make/sell the RH manifold for a 1969 351W. I wonder if anybody has found a repop for the LH.

Thanks!

Tom

Hey gents, am wondering if 302 and 351W exhaust manifolds are interchangeable. I have a 351W and am looking at these on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/69-70-71-Ford-302-351W-Exhaust-Manifolds_W0QQitemZ190385249492QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2c53d85cd4

My gut tells me they are NOT the same, but I can't find a definitive answer.

My search online for repops has been fruitless. Seems they only make/sell the RH manifold for a 1969 351W. I wonder if anybody has found a repop for the LH.

Thanks!

Tom

351 and 302 exhaust manifolds are not the same...BUT in most cases you may use the 351 manifolds for a Poor Mans 289 HI-PO Manifold

the 351 flows better and will fit most chasis

I have a extra set of 351 4 barrel manifolds, I got them for my 65 to put on a 302 with GT40p heads witch they will work on but the 65 chassis is to narrow and they will touch the shock towers but will work in a 67 and up car. They look just like the Hi Pos but are a little bigger. Id go $100 for the set and their bigger than the ones on E Bay, they look like 2 barrel manifolds.

They may not be the same but I would think they are certainly interchangable, they do share the same gaskets and the heads are interchangable. The reduction in flow is the real catch but they could always be ported/polished too, better off getting shorties though if that was your only option.