Sign in to follow this  
foothilltom

"E" code interior

Hi guys, wondering if anybody can shed some light on what "E" code interior means above and beyond "Deluxe". I'm considering another project (a 69 grande) from Craigslist and the owner is clearly not too into his car. I had to pry the door code info out of him (the car is about 100 miles away so haven't laid eyeballs on it yet), and I still don't have the engine/tranny numbers yet. His ad basically said "69 Mustang for sale" with no details.

Anyway, he says the interior is in great shape, so I'm wondering if the "E" code gets you much more than deluxe.

Thoughts appreciated.

Tom

For a 69 Grande the inerior code should start with 1, like 1A would be Grande Black interior. Post the door tag info he gave you and maybe we can make something more of it. He may have just read it wrong. E is not even a 69 interior code at all that I can find, but is a valid code for 70.

Maybe it's a 70 built in late 69 and he is just going by the build date calling the car a 69. It hapens sometimes with people who don't mess with older cars alot. Have you seen pics?

Interior/Seats

Corresponds with letter immediately following Body code (e.g. 65A would be hard top with standard seats.

65 66 67 68 69 70

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Standard A A A A A A

Luxury B B B B B B

Special na na na na E+ E+

Bench Seats C C C C/D* C/D* C/D*

*Deluxe +Grande

Return to Topics

Interior/Seats

Corresponds with letter immediately following Body code (e.g. 65A would be hard top with standard seats.

65 66 67 68 69 70

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Standard A A A A A A

Luxury B B B B B B

Special na na na na E+ E+

Bench Seats C C C C/D* C/D* C/D*

*Deluxe +Grande

Return to Topics

Thats right for the body code and I didn't know that's what Tom was talking about... or it just flew over my head.. I thought he was looking for info on the trim code. From the Marti book, the body code 65E would be for a 69 Grande and the trim code should have a 1 in front of the color code.

Hey gents, was out all weekend (not working on my car!) but am catching up now.

I don't have any pics of the door tag (or the car), but I'm pretty certain he emailed me the proper codes:

65 E :Body. 4:Color. 1A:Trim. 04L:Date. 72:D.S.O. 3:Axle. W:Trans

From my book, it says hardtop, "special" interior. The "1A" is Black Cloth and Vinyl. I was mostly curious what special meant...but it's starting to sound like Deluxe.

He also mentioned today it has the passenger's side clock and a console, so i'm picturing the wood-grain dash, deluxe door panels, clock, and console. I am trying to get some pictures, but was also trying to justify the 100 mile drive depending on the codes. Still don't know what's under the hood. The seller is clearly not in a big hurry.

Thanks for the replies and sorry I wasn't more clear on the door codes.

Tom