Sign in to follow this  
jimmystang

LED hood indicators

Has anybody installed these?

From what I see, the origional bulb holders are not used and the new wires just go through the holes with no sealing at all.

I don't like that as dust & crap will get into the light.

You could seal with silicone but I don't want that.

A grommet would have to be really small, nothing comes with the kit.

I've asked Mustang Project but they aren't interested after they have made a sale it seems.

I would expect the unit to be properly sealed as part of the kit.

I wouldn't have bought it if I'ld have known.

Has anybody installed these?

From what I see, the origional bulb holders are not used and the new wires just go through the holes with no sealing at all.

I don't like that as dust & crap will get into the light.

You could seal with silicone but I don't want that.

A grommet would have to be really small, nothing comes with the kit.

I've asked Mustang Project but they aren't interested after they have made a sale it seems.

I would expect the unit to be properly sealed as part of the kit.

I wouldn't have bought it if I'ld have known.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I've been buying LED bulbs on eBay. Nearly all the bulbs used in a '69 (194, 1156, 1157 , etc) are available as LED's and use the car's original sockets. They're much cheaper from Hong Kong than the Mustang specialty shops, too.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I've been buying LED bulbs on eBay. Nearly all the bulbs used in a '69 (194, 1156, 1157 , etc) are available as LED's and use the car's original sockets. They're much cheaper from Hong Kong than the Mustang specialty shops, too.

If you were interested in sticking with a replaceable LED bulb instead of the sequential kit, I would highly recommend talking with the folks at HiPoParts.com to supply you the bulbs. Having talked with them before, I know they have a lot of bulbs in stock to piece together custom orders for people. Shipping to Austrailia should be cheap (probably less than $10 USD). One thing to note is they do not use an "off the shelf" bulb - theirs are custom made for the particular application. This is why a company such as National Parts Depot has chosen to sell their kits vs. some of the other LED suppliers. Good luck with your project!

-Scott

I'm near Jimboomba.

My car has never been out so you would not have seen it before. It's just had a three year resto.

It's BBF 447ci FE stroker and is a torque monster for sure.

Forget Dicks Smith, they only sell goods, not parts anymore.

Jaycar are the best, one of my favourite stores.

Jim