Sign in to follow this  
Stanger69

Motolita steering wheel

Great minds think alike...I did the same thing for x-mas. Told my wife that was all I wanted. Back to the issue: When mounted, the steering wheel is closer to the dash and therefore closer to the turn signal. When I make a turn my fingers get caught on the turn signal. I am having to turn with my palms. I was going to shorten the turn signal switch but wanted some input first.

With the arm screwed in, mark which way faces forward. Unscrew it and take it out. Bend it slightly towards where you marked front. Then screw it back in. That's what I did with my Lecarra wheel. Arms are cheap if you ever need to put a straight one back in.

With the arm screwed in, mark which way faces forward. Unscrew it and take it out. Bend it slightly towards where you marked front. Then screw it back in. That's what I did with my Lecarra wheel. Arms are cheap if you ever need to put a straight one back in.

Thanks Maxum, I had thought about the bend as well but I thought it may be cleaner look if I could find a shorter turn signal.

I have the billet turn signal lever as seen here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/65-66-67-68-69-70-73-MUSTANG-BILLET-TURN-SIGNAL-LEVER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5184f26ec6QQitemZ350122831558QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I can measure the length if you are interested. I'm thinking it is shorter than stock but don't quote me on that.

I have the billet turn signal lever as seen here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/65-66-67-68-69-70-73-MUSTANG-BILLET-TURN-SIGNAL-LEVER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5184f26ec6QQitemZ350122831558QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I can measure the length if you are interested. I'm thinking it is shorter than stock but don't quote me on that.

Yes please measure for me thanks for the insight. If it is shorter by an inch or two, it'll be work. Thanks. Billet my look better with the new steering wheel anyhow.

Hey guys, I have the same problem with a Grant 14" wheel. The original lever is 7" , the billet is 5.5" , it will be pretty close. I was looking for a lever about 4" , would work great. I might get the billet Al. and cut it to 41/2" and re-thread it. Another solution is to use a 2" or 3" spacer , these aftermarket wheels do not have the dish that the original rimblow wheels have.

Kaz