Sign in to follow this  
foothilltom

My boy is joining 69Stang

Howdy gents, my 17 year old son-and-partner-in-mustang-crime is going to join this here forum when he gets home from school today. After a little discussion last night, I realized that I had been operating as his "go between" to this incredibly great resource for too long and denying him the opportunity to explain himself and learn from you gents.

I think it will be great for him to take responsibility for getting the help he needs and learning how to do things himself going forward.

As my final bit of over-parenting, lemme summarize his situation for future context:

* Plain Jane Coupe bought in 2007, pretty rough shape

* Broken shock tower, some modest rust, all fixed now

* Originally 302/2V, recently installed Edelbrock 2121 and Holley 600 over xmas

* C-4 Auto

* Points, stock ignition setup

* Dual 2.5" exhaust

* Body work, paint done in our garage (grabber orange w/ black stripes)

We're currently trying to get it running just so. We've played with the carb jets (went from 62s to 58s over the weekend to cure what we thought was an over-rich condition). He now has some bogging just as the secondaries are kicking in. I'll let him explain the rest.

Thanks in advance for the wonderful help I know you'll provide here. I can't even begin to explain how much I've learned in nearly 2 years here.

Tom

Junior will be a welcomed edition! Maybe we can talk him into replacing bullet # 5 with a pertronix to go with the new "go faster" goodies! I think that along with some re-timing (if you haven't already) since the intake/carb swap will help things unbog a bit.

Hello Tom,

I look forward to trying to help your son. I know you guys have done a great deal in the past. I also know it is hard not to over parent.

He will learn a great deal here as you know.

I bet we can get his car in great shape. I know he will have lots of great memories. I can still picture you guys looking at the i-pod and the list.

Way cool. Tell him we await any and all questions and tell him never to hesitate to ask.. That;s how we all learn....... Print Dad

Thats awsome I remember when I had my car at 16 lots of memories, and as I look back that car kept me out of trouble I would be wrenching on it and flippin burgers to pay for parts, he will be glad to be on here just dont let him look at pakrat's avatar to long, lol