Sign in to follow this  
Sidthing

Jackasses like this p$ss me off.

So I talked my mom into taking automotive upholstry classes, I took the first one with her. With going back to college it was too much for me time wise so I couldn't take the next class. Thank God, I gave her a pair of low back buckets to redo for my 65 fastback, and hung out with the class while pulling the hog rings out for her. There was a jackass in the class with her that would not leave me alone. He claims he is into Pontiacs now, but was telling me that he just scrapped a bunch of old cars last year. He claims a real 69 Z/28, a 69 GTO, and a 69 Mustang convertable. I asked him why he scrapped them, and he was acting pompus in saying he doesn't mess around with rust, it has to be rust free to be worth his time. I asked how much he was paid by the scrap yard, and he said $160 bucks a piece. Before I joined this site I never knew how many guys were into the 69 coupes and convertables. Call me a jerk, but I didn't want to be the only one with that sick feeling in my stomach from hearing about wasting old cars.

You should have told him what a dork he is in a round-about-way by letting him know he probably could have gotten $500+ per car selling them outright. Seen rusted out nothing special mustangs bring much more than that on ebay. Sounds more like he was trying to impress someone more than anything else though.

WOW, I was kinda afraid to read the thread! I thought it might be about me, LOL!!!!Not about me, I kinda like rust, to me there is real value in the right ride if the other guy is afraid to get a little dirty or does not think it has a chance to breath again. Oh yea, I like pontiacs with rust!

Sounds to me like a typical BS-er. The world is full of them and it's best to just ignore all there crap. A real 69 Z28?!? A 69 GTO?.. IF he did sell them for scrap he is a DA and I'm sure someone grabbed them from the scrap yard to re-sale. If I had to guess, he has probably never even seen a real 69 Z28.

Edited by SlimeGold 69

I don't know man. I remember when I was in high school the junkyards around here in Cincinnati, not the big ones, but the same ones had some good projects in them. Cars I've seen in junkyards around southwest Ohio include a 66 mustang fastback 289 4speed car with a 9 in. A 69 charger in the same junkyard was already crushed and stacked. A 49 merc in the same junkyard, rolling shell was for sale for $100. Down the street from that junkyard was a dump and recycling center, the owner had a row of old 2 door galaxies with a 57 chevy 2 door at the end. He was asking several grand a piece for months and when no one would pay that he ran over them all with a bulldozer to spite everyone, and left them sit for a couple more months after that. There was an awesome old Ford junkyard called town and country, I have never seen so many abandoned projects there, some were repainted shells and for some reason sent to the junkyard. The county used the EPA to shut them down so a new subdivision could be built. The last few years have been devastating around here for old cars, as much as I would want to believe that guy was just BSing me, I've seen too many cars in junkyards and scrapyards that make you ask WTF? Call me stupid, but I'm one of those guys who buys projects just to keep them from being scrapped, but on the same token, karma has rewarded me with three California cars.

WOW, I was kinda afraid to read the thread! I thought it might be about me, LOL!!!!Not about me, I kinda like rust, to me there is real value in the right ride if the other guy is afraid to get a little dirty or does not think it has a chance to breath again. Oh yea, I like pontiacs with rust!

Love that GTO! That was my fathers first car as a kid. His was factory painted an optioned corvette blue, tri-power, 4 speed. He kicked himself for years after he sold that car!

Love that GTO! That was my fathers first car as a kid. His was factory painted an optioned corvette blue, tri-power, 4 speed. He kicked himself for years after he sold that car!

Thank you!! I can tell you I all most wrecked her at a car show! Everyone was doing burnouts and I decided to join in :biggrin: with out having a clue what I was about to do?

I was full throttle sideways ass end to the left in 1st---starightened her out! Then looking down at the tach <6,500 rpm> I slamed her into 2nd and the damn thang jumped hard right on me! Found myself lookin at a large telephone pole :scared:

I can testify the tri-power works excellent! I can only hope it was a good show for all to see, cause it was one tire screeming ride for me,:lol:!

Thats one way they make the scrap yard!