Sign in to follow this  
Sidthing

Anyone else attend the Columbus superswap?

Just curious if anyone else attended the Columbus, Ohio superswap this weekend?

It's fun to see the ups and downs from the spring to fall superswaps, and vice versa. One noticeable observation was how few people were carrying around parts yesterday. I overheard multiple sellers complaining that no one wanted to pay what they were asking. It looks to me that the market is bringing the parts prices down to pre-ebay/ Barret Jackson over inflated prices. Certain sellers are still wanting to ask an arm and a leg for parts, but we as buyers are starting to refuse to pay it.

Does anyone remember the Boss 429 guy who used to show up to swap meets? I used to see him at several meets throughout the year, and he had the largest collection of Boss 9 parts, but he really believed that Y2K was going to be the end of civilization, he even was putting a sign up saying he was selling everything because of Y2K.

Last fall and spring were shockers as far as the prices of the cars in the corrals. I figured because the economy wasn't doing to good people were dumping their cars for cash. I'm not in this hobby for an investment, so it's a nice change of pace. It'd be nice to know my mach was going to be worth 30-50k when I was done with it but it's not like I'm going to sell it. I remember in the late 90's seeing a rough boss 302 roller for 9k. Those were the days.